• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anon87

Hello all!

I recently failed at one of the application stages for a trainee driver role with one TOC, does the 6 month ban apply if I wanted to apply for the same position with another TOC?

Many thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Depends which stage. If it's the OPC tests then yes. Other than that, no

Anon87

Fantastic. Cheers guys.

I passed them all on the GWR talent pool that got pulled about 6 months ago - then applied for one with SWR, totally rushed it whilst sat on a train (ironically) and messed it up. Schoolboy error, lesson learned!

Fantastic. Cheers guys.

I passed them all on the GWR talent pool that got pulled about 6 months ago - then applied for one with SWR, totally rushed it whilst sat on a train (ironically) and messed it up. Schoolboy error, lesson learned!
Hi, what do you mean that the talent pool got pulled?

Anon87

There was also a 19/20 cohort that they went ahead with. So I guess in respect of the 20/21 cohort they just miscalculated future demand, retirements etc and realised that they wouldn’t need as many new heads as previously thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.