• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Drivers - London Marylebone & Aylesbury (21/04/2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D®ift

Applied., thanks OP.
Hi djack123son, I see you live in Woking and that tends to be close to 1-hour commute (if not more).
Do you think we stand a chance at this distance? Asking because I've also applied with a similar commute (slightly shorter time).

Thanks.

djack123son

Hi djack123son, I see you live in Woking and that tends to be close to 1-hour commute (if not more).
Do you think we stand a chance at this distance? Asking because I've also applied with a similar commute (slightly shorter time).

Thanks.
I've got an assessment for another London one and just passed DMI with Southampton., different company.. but always worth a go.

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
I saw this posted alongside so anyone interested should get a move on: "Be quick! The advert will be taken down as soon as we have reached the desired number of applicants..."

Glad I spotted this. Aylesbury is close enough to me - wonder if this also means WMT will be moving forward with their plans, still waiting for a video interview

Corin_VL

Any one know if this is mainline driver or just the London- Alyesbury line, or if there’s a difference. Also anyone know how long his ad will be up for?

Cherry_Picker

Established Member
It’s Mainline and you’ll sign London to Aylesbury both ways, Oxford and Birmingham. There’s a route card thread stickied at the top of the forum.

The ad will be up until they take it down. With train driver vacancies it can literally be a day or two.

I've just applied, not within the time range from the depot, said yes anyway as i currently commute 2 hours anyway and probably would look at relocating, have to see where it goes

is it worth trying if im 20yrs 1month?
apply sir, what's the worst they can do, say no? i have started to just applying to everything that comes up now. I have never known a recruitment process like that of the railway. I am waiting for a dmi with WMT, a medical with CR and now just applied to this one, don't know when or if either of those might email me. They seem to just make things up as they go along.lol

whoosh

Established Member
is it worth trying if im 20yrs 1month?

By the time they've interviewed and you've started, I'd say that's a minimum of 2 months. Training is realistically going to take 9 months if it's done quickly and in a timely manner. That's you 21 upon qualifying.

It's not unheard of for people to have passed out just after 21 and been 20 whilst training. Give it a go.

Also, they may be looking to fill more than one course with the same recruitment campaign, so could start you later in the year if thats the case.

Good luck!

Class2ldn

I've just applied, not within the time range from the depot, said yes anyway as i currently commute 2 hours anyway and probably would look at relocating, have to see where it goes
They wont take relocations, I applied for a qualified position and they pulled my application as they said they won't take the risk of people not moving unfortunately.

nb2001uk

apply sir, what's the worst they can do, say no? i have started to just applying to everything that comes up now. I have never known a recruitment process like that of the railway. I am waiting for a dmi with WMT, a medical with CR and now just applied to this one, don't know when or if either of those might email me. They seem to just make things up as they go along.lol
yeah i tried with GTR on their trainee shunter role recently, i got as far as the assessment centre (spent so long practising) and a week before it was due they rang me up and said ''sorry but we have to withdraw your application'' despite me confirming with them if its okay to apply for under 21s. They had 3 months to tell me. But i will give a go with this one

Thanks

By the time they've interviewed and you've started, I'd say that's a minimum of 2 months. Training is realistically going to take 9 months if it's done quickly and in a timely manner. That's you 21 upon qualifying.

It's not unheard of for people to have passed out just after 21 and been 20 whilst training. Give it a go.

Also, they may be looking to fill more than one course with the same recruitment campaign, so could start you later in the year if thats the case.

Good luck!
will do, thanks!

I'd say go for it why not! The worst is you might be told no, but as Whoosh said above about the timescales you may be spot on come the time. Good Luck 8-)
yeah ill have a chat with them aswell

They wont take relocations, I applied for a qualified position and they pulled my application as they said they won't take the risk of people not moving unfortunately.
I thought that would be the case, oh well, I've applied anyway, worst they can say is no

Anyone just had the request for information email?

Last edited:

My national insurance number along with a few other details was requested this morning. interesting, i assume to see what score you got on the assessments?

My national insurance number along with a few other details was requested this morning. interesting, i assume to see what score you got on the assessments?
I had the same thing, including distance travelled. They seem to be getting on it quite quickly

FrankieC

yeah i tried with GTR on their trainee shunter role recently, i got as far as the assessment centre (spent so long practising) and a week before it was due they rang me up and said ''sorry but we have to withdraw your application'' despite me confirming with them if its okay to apply for under 21s. They had 3 months to tell me. But i will give a go with this one

Thanks

will do, thanks!

yeah ill have a chat with them aswell
Did they advertise for the trainee shunter on the GTR careers website?

Status
Not open for further replies.