• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainee Train Drivers - Waterloo (14.01.20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewis H

Does anyone know if they’re strict on the 45 mins thing as I live in Hayes atm

I have moved in with a mate so it won’t be an official agreement if you know what I mean, it’s until I find a proper place myself
when I accepted the job I wasn’t within the 45 minutes, and I had to move, they told me to bring proof of address to the induction, nothing was ever checked, almost a year later, still nothing! I’m not saying don’t do it, because it does make life much easier, and cheaper when commuting to work, but don’t fret too much, there’s no rush, they just want to know you are willing to relocate before offering you a job, then you’ll have to move.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nevergiveup

Hi mate I have a question, do you know if SWR online assessment is the one where you select from most likely and list likely options?
when I accepted the job I wasn’t within the 45 minutes, and I had to move, they told me to bring proof of address to the induction, nothing was ever checked, almost a year later, still nothing! I’m not saying don’t do it, because it does make life much easier, and cheaper when commuting to work, but don’t fret too much, there’s no rush, they just want to know you are willing to relocate before offering you a job, then you’ll have to move.

Lewis H

Hi mate I have a question, do you know if SWR online assessment is the one where you select from most likely and list likely options?
If I’m honest, I don’t remember, the SJT test you do at the MMI is along those lines though.

1725RJ

I remember the SJT test as I did it last November with SWR. As mentioned previously, there’s no hard and fast tips for it. Put yourself in the shoes of a driver and deal with them accordingly. Sorry!

1725RJ

On the flip side, it does seem a little strange to complete an SJT at the initial submission stage then another at MMI?

Railway123321

Hello, i have my DMI for SWR coming up and i was wondering if anyone has any tips? Any specific questions i should prepare for? Many thanks for your help :)

Stigy

Established Member
On the flip side, it does seem a little strange to complete an SJT at the initial submission stage then another at MMI?
They’re used for different things. At the initial stage it’s used to see if you match the standard suitability requirements of the company (not necessarily just for train driving). At the MMI the results are used to dictate how the interviewer questions you.

And SJT or SJE should thought of as just a personality test rather than a test such as a psychometric assessment.

MatthewLdn

Anyone here had a DMI with swr yet? I passed my computer assessments on Saturday and have been invited to a DMI this Wednesday. Ideally looking for any tips/advice and what questions to potentially expect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Twotwo

Anyone here had a DMI with swr yet? I passed my computer assessments on Saturday and have been invited to a DMI this Wednesday. Ideally looking for any tips/advice and what questions to potentially expect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Use the search bar, there's plenty of information out there. One poster actually took time out to make a thread on all the dmi questions for swr. A simple search and you will find what you are looking for.

1725RJ

Blimey that’s a quick turn around from assessment to DMI! I know some people have waited months. I passed my assessment day 2 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything since.

MatthewLdn

Thanks TwoTwo, I’ve just had a good look through some previous threads and found some good information.

Lewis H

Wow that’s unheard of to be that quick! As mentioned above, the search bar for this forum will provide you with everything you need.

The interview itself although formal, will feel very informal, make sure you look up the company, because they will ask you what you know about SWR, it won’t be specific questions, but the more you reel off, the better it looks!

MatthewLdn

Pleased to say that I passed my DMI. Now have to await an invitation for a MMI, although that may be a couple of months away yet.

Quin79

I thought SWR did the MMI as part of stage 2 assessment day and DMI second. Have they changed to how Southern / GTR do their assessments then?

MatthewLdn

As far as I’m aware, they do paper and computer assessments first, then DMI and then the MMI. That’s how it’s been for me.

DriverGB

How did it go?

MatthewLdn

Has anyone who applied for this position had any updates since the lockdown? As far as I know, things have been put on hold. Having come so far already and one more hurdle to overcome (MMI), I’m just hoping that they will still be continuing with the position once this situation has eased.

Stigy

Established Member
Has anyone who applied for this position had any updates since the lockdown? As far as I know, things have been put on hold. Having come so far already and one more hurdle to overcome (MMI), I’m just hoping that they will still be continuing with the position once this situation has eased.
I could be wrong, but I’m sure I read here somewhere that SWR were continuing with the psychometric assessments even though training was out on hold?

MatthewLdn

I could be wrong, but I’m sure I read here somewhere that SWR were continuing with the

Hi Stigy, I’ve just seen further down the forum that someone has received a date for their assessment for a trainee tram driver in a couple of weeks time, so maybe things are starting to move forward again. I was contemplating giving the recruitment team a call but don’t want to come across as bothersome.

DA1

Hi Stigy, I’ve just seen further down the forum that someone has received a date for their assessment for a trainee tram driver in a couple of weeks time, so maybe things are starting to move forward again. I was contemplating giving the recruitment team a call but don’t want to come across as bothersome.

I said to someone a couple of weeks ago drop them an email and they should hopefully respond via call/email. I emailed a while ago as I’m waiting for a starting date for Waterloo and they called me the next day. They have a good team down Southampton.

Status
Not open for further replies.