• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trains booked to use Watford North Curve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Egg Centric

Thanks, I struggled to find what you were talking about for a few minutes but see it's in the footnotes.

This also made me look at the other (Chesham / Amersham) timetable (http://content.tfl.gov.uk/amersham-guide-dec18.pdf) and for completeness looks like there's an additional train the other way:

"Mon-Fri 0049 Watford to Rickmansworth via Croxley; Sunday: Additional train: 0021 Watford to Rickmansworth via Croxley.

My wife is doing her driving test in October, so once she has a licence I shall take one of these and then call her up to ask for collection, claiming to have been drinking :lol:

Dstock7080

Established Member
There are also empty trains that traverse the North curve.

Leaf-fall timetable comes into operation 7 October, times revised as:
T472 (T443 Sat) 05 12½ ex-Chesham M-Sat
T404 06 08 ex-Rickmansworth M-F
T470 00 49 ex-Watford M-F
T427 07 00 ex-Rickmansworth pfm.2 Sun
T431 00 21 ex-Watford Sun

indicated as NC in timetable

http://content.tfl.gov.uk/wtt-341-metropolitan-30-december-2018.pdf

Last edited:

Enthusiast

My wife is doing her driving test in October, so once she has a licence I shall take one of these and then call her up to ask for collection, claiming to have been drinking

I've heard of blokes saying they were train spotting when they'd really been out on the booze. But never heard anyone say they'd been boozing when they'd really been train spotting! :lol:

Journeyman

Established Member
I got a cab ride around it on a Connect Project test train in 2006/7-ish.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Very occasionally, if there's weekend engineering works south of Moor Park, a half-hourly passenger service will be operated from Watford to each of Chesham and Amersham. That's how I did it back in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.