• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trains leaving early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Perhaps there watches are better then the information they give on there website this quote:
'UK Train Operating Companies that we have helped implement a strong Corporate Time Management Culture with Track-Time watches include South West Trains, Southern, Virgin, Midland Mainline, Arriva Northern, Wessex, Wales and Borders, Hull Trains, GNER, Northern, Silverlink, Gatwick Express, South Eastern, East Midland Trains, C2C, Heathrow Express, London Midland and First Great Western Trains'

The ones in red no longer exist, the ones in cyan are one and the same.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

muz379

Established Member
Traincrew at my Toc are issued with the "tocwatch" Usually you find if you have two or more that have been synched recently they are within a second of each other . But they can wildly vary from platform clocks at some locations .

W230

Established Member
As mentioned in an earlier post my radio controlled work watch was recently replaced. This one says it is getting a signal but appears to be fast of all station clocks.

Still, I obey it just like I did the last as I have been told it is working correctly. Only thing is that I keep leaving half a minute early. Ah well, always fun with the last train... ;)

cjmillsnun

Established Member
Perhaps there watches are better then the information they give on there website this quote:
'UK Train Operating Companies that we have helped implement a strong Corporate Time Management Culture with Track-Time watches include South West Trains, Southern, Virgin, Midland Mainline, Arriva Northern, Wessex, Wales and Borders, Hull Trains, GNER, Northern, Silverlink, Gatwick Express, South Eastern, East Midland Trains, C2C, Heathrow Express, London Midland and First Great Western Trains'

The ones in red no longer exist, the ones in cyan are one and the same.

Just because they no longer exist doesn't mean they didn't help them in the past. Many companies will quote companies in this way.

Also EMT and MML are not one and the same. EMT includes the ex MML operation but also has a large part of the old Central Trains franchise.

ComUtoR

Established Member
I reckon Mitrac is probably wrong...

Kinda the point really.

The reason why we only use the watch on our wrists is that it is universally set (when it works) and that all Drivers should be going by the same watch. No unit I drive has the correct time. Networker clocks are pointless altogether. The PIS display clock is also wrong. I can have 3 clock in the train and none match.

Well worth nothing as well that platform staff also use the same watch and services will get dispatched by the staff members watch rather than the platform clock. (Some locations differ)

Can platform clocks be automatically set ? I notice on our TOC we have new displays (with a clock) Maybe that has a more accurate and all set using the same time server.

Status
Not open for further replies.