• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trains using multiple platforms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil.

Established Member
You can't view both sides of the train at the same time to perform the train safety check before pressing the close doors button.

That's why the doors are fitted with "hustle alarms" and are final close pressure sensitive as well as being interlock fitted. It used to be managed without problem at Finsbury Park many times a day with loco hauled slam door stock as well as DMU slam door stock. When the 313s appeared in 1976 - or was it 7? - it was like seventh heaven for guards.
Still, time and sueing culture moves on........

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
I mentioned Cockfosters in post 47.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

I still can't find where you mentioned Stratford by name...

Guess I didnt then. Keep your hair on

edwin_m

Veteran Member
That's why the doors are fitted with "hustle alarms" and are final close pressure sensitive as well as being interlock fitted. It used to be managed without problem at Finsbury Park many times a day with loco hauled slam door stock as well as DMU slam door stock. When the 313s appeared in 1976 - or was it 7? - it was like seventh heaven for guards.
Still, time and sueing culture moves on........

And there have actually been several accidents recently where despite these precautions people have been trapped in the doors. See RAIB website for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.