• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trains with Pete Waterman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heinz57

Hi all,

Does anyone remember this documentry from years ago? I think it was aired by Channel 4. I want to watch it again. Does anybody know anywhere where its avalible to watch online?

I havn't had any luck in finding it. I've also checked YouTube, and it isn't on there.

Cheers,

Heinz

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GB

Established Member
If you have Sky then it usually crops up on one of the documentary channels from time to time.

Wyvern

Established Member
Would it turn up on "Yesterday" which on Freeview if you live in the right area (which I dont <( )

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Would it turn up on "Yesterday" which on Freeview if you live in the right area (which I dont <( )

I haven't seen it appear on "Yesterday", though they do show a lot of Fred Dibnah - I think they mainly show former BBC programmes.

The Freeview channel Quest is owned by Discovery, so it may crop up there.

Clip

Established Member
Have you tried 4OD? they have most programmes back on demand though im not sure how far back they go.

Masboroughlad

Established Member
As an aside. Where could I find some good information about Waterman Railways?

He was full of ideas but was put of by the complexity of privatisation.

Think he bought locos and the BR charter fleet? I remember hearing he wanted to be running lots of 'Bucket and Spade' type excursions every weekend but gave up. Pity because he is a proper railway minded man.

He was around enough to have his own liveried stock (pics anyone?).

Would be good if he would make a return to the industry - working with/backing a TOC franchisee/ starting an Open Access operation or having another go at charter trains.

Do you read this Pete? Hope so :)

Status
Not open for further replies.