• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TrainSplit problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamn

Hi all,
I'm trying to buy a ticket on TrainSplit (Glasgow to London on 7 May for which I found a £40 Advance ticket changing at Crewe, departing on the 17.30), but for 2 days now every time I try and submit payment information the site just gets stuck on 'We're now creating your tickets'. I've tried multiple cards, different browsers and selecting different delivery methods, all to no avail. Two tweets to them have gone unanswered.

Has anyone else had similar issues? I'd buy the ticket elsewhere but I can't seem to find this ticket on any other site!

Will

Update - managed to find the tickets on the LNER engine with some use of the filters! £40 by spending 45 mins at Crewe as opposed to £108 direct...no brainer!

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trainophile

Established Member
Yes, I had similar problems recently, and still can't purchase tickets on Trainsplit. I messaged one of the administrators who is on this website and the outcome of their investigations was that my payment method is not set up for 3D payments, or something like that. Never had problems in the past though. As I've also had problems on the TPE website I wasn't sure what's going on, although TPE will accept my credit card but not my debit card, while Trainsplit fails on both cards. I think there's something amiss in the tickets database currently, goodness knows what's behind these problems.

Wallsendmag

Established Member
Yes, I had similar problems recently, and still can't purchase tickets on Trainsplit. I messaged one of the administrators who is on this website and the outcome of their investigations was that my payment method is not set up for 3D payments, or something like that. Never had problems in the past though. As I've also had problems on the TPE website I wasn't sure what's going on, although TPE will accept my credit card but not my debit card, while Trainsplit fails on both cards. I think there's something amiss in the tickets database currently, goodness knows what's behind these problems.
Payment providers are intoducing 3DS technology to verify that the card payment is being attempted by the authorised person, you may need to download the app provided by your card provider so you can verify it is actually you naking the purchase.

Last edited:

trainophile

Established Member
Well I do have the NatWest app on my phone, and was doing the "authorise payment" thing on it, but it still wouldn't let me actually pay. It might be teething problems if they are bringing a new system in.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
We're looking at the issue, certainly. It does seem to be something with 3Dsecure.

35B

Established Member
I know that implementation of the new form of 3D Secure with the card authoriser at a client is proving problematic - at the card authoriser's end.

williamn

Eventually got a tweet back from them that just said it was a one off and they hadn't heard of any other issues.

robbeech

Established Member
Eventually got a tweet back from them that just said it was a one off and they hadn't heard of any other issues.
It will be a shame if that response goes to everyone who has had this issue and contacted them about it.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
I will find out who it came from. We've added some extra logging to the site to try to get a handle on these errors, but unsurprisingly we've not actually seen one since then. We're trying to force one from our end.

The new payment provider also supports Android and Apple Pay, so these are now enabled on the site (and on the Android app, with the iOS app to follow when Apple finally approves it). I made a booking on the Android app using Google Pay yesterday and the process is really simple, which is nice.

Adam Williams

Established Member
We were able to find an issue with some browsers (old versions of Safari) that do not implement the fetch spec correctly. A workaround for this one is live now on trainsplit.com.

@williamn I've reached out to you separately in the hope we can get to the bottom of this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.