• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainspotting at Ebbsfleet Int?

Status
Not open for further replies.

milspii

Hi all,

Since TOCs have changed their message from "is your journey essential?" to "travel safely this summer", I'm planning to do some trainspotting, of course keeping distance and with PPE.

I'll be near Ebbsfleet soon so I was wondering if that would be possible/a good idea, since it's an international station and all. So I'm unsure if the staff will let me through to spot on the domestic platforms.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
You could, as an alternative, try the Galley Hill Road bridge - about 5 minutes walk from Swanscombe station?

steamybrian

Established Member
Several years ago I wanted to do that and had to purchase a platform ticket for 10p.

Ianno87

Veteran Member
Hi all,

Since TOCs have changed their message from "is your journey essential?" to "travel safely this summer", I'm planning to do some trainspotting, of course keeping distance and with PPE.

I'll be near Ebbsfleet soon so I was wondering if that would be possible/a good idea, since it's an international station and all. So I'm unsure if the staff will let me through to spot on the domestic platforms.

You could consider travelling from Ebbsfleet to Stratford and spending some time on the platform there? You see all the same trains much closer. I'd just Tweet South Eastern first to check they don't mind you doing that (and sign in when you get there)

milspii

You could consider travelling from Ebbsfleet to Stratford and spending some time on the platform there? You see all the same trains much closer. I'd just Tweet South Eastern first to check they don't mind you doing that (and sign in when you get there)

I might consider this since I'm looking into photographing as well as spotting. I took a look at the bridge Peter recommended and yeah, it might be a bit constricted for photography. But thanks everyone for the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.