• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainspotting Big Brother Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

H

HR2

Had to have a cackle at this as first I read it as BRAIN spotting in the BB house.

But then again that may be right. :tongue3:

LucaZone

from what I saw last night it was rather a **** take. They had one coach of a BR Blue Class 100 DMU, and it was going backwards! around a loop of track with a cardboard tube tunnel and a green sponge on a stick for a tree.

Demps

lol, i do like BB, but what is it with them oh every person that is next to a railway is a trainspotter and is a geek, it really ****es me of, so like you said it is going to bring the hobby down even further, the stereotypical ***** oups have i taken it too far? i dont think so, what do they have to show, most people have nothing to talk about (unlike us) so it results in them talking about other people, now i find this sad, a mirror would help them to see the real geeks, this being said i am twisting the word geek so it fits the 'normal people'.

Mushroom

From watching the live feed on E4 jusn now it seems that there are 10 different trains running the BB Garden Line. The housemates must correctly identify the train when they see it. (eg. Midland Intercity 150)

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Notice how it also includes a bit about learning Maths, English or Science skills, again trying to make out that anyone vaugly acedemic (e.g who has a brain) is a geek. I fully agree with the comments of those who say that anyone who is obsessive about Big Brother, or really anyone who purposfully watches it (those who just flick through channels and catch a bit to see what the fuss is about are just about alright), is really a very sad geeky person anyway. The thing I really hate about popular society in this respect is that it gives the impression to "live" and be totally obsessed with things like football, reality TV an other brain-dead entertainment is fine and actually "cool", but just being vaugly interested in railways and other similar hobbies, or anything that involves using you're brain, it the saddest thing ever an very geeky. The worst thing is that one of the explanations that seems to come across is that "cool" obsessions are very social things and involve lots of drinking and being very stupid. On the other hand "geek" hobbies are things that involve being a total loner, drinking tea or soft drinks, and being boring. In reality, things like railtours and galas tend to be very social, involve plenty of drinking, and usually involve at least some people getting rarther silly ;)

Sprog

Established Member
C*NTS......:mad:

if i get the time today, im writing an angry email to C4

(im a figment of your imagination bntw ;) :shock: :lol:)

taw valley

Sprog said:
if i get the time today, im writing an angry email to C4

not gonna try and sound nastey sprg but your just as sad for rising to the bait (would sound nicer and more friendly in person) all they will do is laugh at you knowing someone has actully taken affence to task

if ya sat back watched it and laughted it off knowing how stupid there making themselfs look to 1 in 9 o fthe population then you would find it very funny

i know i dont transpot as i think its a load of crap really but come on its a TV show making some random people look 100% stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.