• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainy McTrainface

Status
Not open for further replies.

TUC

Established Member
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richw

Veteran Member
The employee responsible I believe is on this forum. It is being discussed in the boaty mcboatface thread

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
That one (I've also seen "Express") is amusing on one side, but equally could be misleading as it is viable that a train would be skip-stopping to catch up delay.

The silly destinations are less misleading because they are so plain ridiculous.

Matt Taylor

Established Member
Thank you for the compliment, I was responsible for 'Trainy McTrainface' and it was on the 0729 Portsmouth-Waterloo on Tuesday.:D

Crossover

Established Member
Thank you for the compliment, I was responsible for 'Trainy McTrainface' and it was on the 0729 Portsmouth-Waterloo on Tuesday.:D

I don't know why, but when I saw this (off the forum originally) I did wonder if you may have something to do with it :D

Waldgrun

Careful Matt, some SWT Managers don't have a sense of humour and dislike staff diverting from the scripted patn!

jopsuk

Veteran Member
I think given the positive PR on this Matt's safe. I reckon he's an experienced enough guard to know the limits

adrock1976

Established Member
What's it called? It's called Cumbernauld
LM staff do seem to like their silly 350 destinations, I've seen a few good ones. Not to mention "Shirley" the Class 150 on the Marston Vale :)

Perhaps LM may be testing the waters to experiment with a direct Bedford Midland - Stratford upon Avon service (summer Saturdays and Sundays daytrip special), calling at Bletchley, Coventry, Birmingham (either NS or Moor Street), Shirley, and Stratford upon Avon?

Status
Not open for further replies.