• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trainz 2004/PE or MSTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave A

OK. I'm thinking about getting either Trainz 2004, Passenger Edition or MSTS, but have no idea which one to go for.

I would ideally like the one thats has loads of addons, free if possible ;), that are more NR/LU orientated.

Before anyone asks, I am NOT interested in Trainz 2006!

Any opinions?

Also, admins/mods etc. Please don't move this to the MSTS or other sims forums, unless you will display it in both, as technically it covers both, and the people who read this are probably not going to be looking in just the MSTS section if they have Trainz, and vice versa :)

Thanks,

David

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

This will be moved to the other simulations section, but I'll make it show shadows from here and MSTS.

Go for NONE of them. Wait for KRS and TMTS to come out TBH!

Dave A

Kuju was on my mind, but thats still a while away, and it will be a while before add-ons appear when it does come out.

TMTS? Is that any different from MSTS and Trainz. I know its mainly for the control thingy, but thats about it?

T

Tom

TMTS will be out later this year, its a well improved version of MSTS, well you could say it is that anyway.

Right my two pennies worth, owned both for about 1 year now. Bought as gifts,

I find Trainz 2004 PE, is excellent for easy route building, with excellent supplies on the Download Station whenever you need them. Train Simulator however, is more of a 'drive-it' simulator for me. Trainz doesn't really have very good physics while driving and represents more a model railway, but if you buy the uktrainz AWS ramps and signals you can have a fully equipped AWS working route!

I, personally would go for MSTS, but get one on the cheap because most add-ons come at a cost :). It is also worth waiting for DrJimi's Dsitrict Line and the current ELL project going on, more info over at http://districtdave.proboards39.com

Hope this helps you.

Dave A

That District Line route is tempting me :p

MSTS it is then. Thanks for your input! :D
[EDIT]
Oh, one more thing:

I've seen 2 different MSTS covers, one with some American freight on it, and another with a steam train on it. Are there any differences in actual gameplay or is it just the covers?

Status
Not open for further replies.