• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tramlink Route Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

BVETramlink

Hello All

Some of you may be aware that some time ago I started up a project to bring Tramlink Route 3 to BVE, running from New Addington to Wimbledon. The project has been on hold for a while, due to time constraints and life getting in the way! However, over the weekend, I have started looking at the project again, and I feel it is time to get things 'back on track' (excuse the pun).

I have uploaded a few screenshots below of the progress, although they are quite old, as I have not yet done anything new to the project. But, they are for the benefit of anybody who was not aware of this project's existence, or who may be interested.

There are some more old screenshots available on both my facebook page and website (links listed in my footer) if anybody is interested, and also a video on my YouTube page (just search for BVE Tramlink).

I will post some more recent progress shots on this thread, once I have done a little more work on the project. It would be good to hear people's thoughts, and maybe chat to anybody local to Croydon who is able to work with me on getting this project firmly underway!

Cheers,
Ricky

Attachments

• NAD_01.jpg
    NAD_01.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 47
  • BDL_03.jpg
    BDL_03.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 32
  • TPL_02.jpg
    TPL_02.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 23
  • AMP_02.jpg
    AMP_02.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 28
  • TPL_03.jpg
    TPL_03.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 30
  • LEB_02.jpg
    LEB_02.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 29
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BVETramlink

that looks awesome! was that done hand coded or route builder?

Thank you for the compliment!

It is hand coded. Took a while to pick up this hand-coding malarkey, but it's like riding a bike: Looks a lot harder than it actually is! I tried Route Builder, but couldn't deal with it! I found learning to hand code much simpler to be honest! But that's just me!

Ricky

BVETramlink

lol I dont know about that! where did you start? haha

I looked on the net as there are a few quite good basic guides to hand coding in csv format. I also opened some of the Route files that I had downloaded, and if you look at some of those whilst reading through the online guides, you can start to understand how it works.

It takes some perseverence, but if I can do it, anybody can! Trust me. You'll get frustrated, as I did, when I couldn't seem to code what I wanted to do, but as you learn more, it becomes easier. But you won't know until you try.

I'll have a little look online later for some of the guides I used, and PM you the links when I do.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.