• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trams,Metro etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AJP

Everyone goes on about sheds being crap etc but no one seems to think trams are. :roll:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
That's because they're better than buses!

Jordy

Established Member
Personally I love trams and metros, they just interest me a lot, besides, they are alot better than buses IMHO and run very frequently, they are quiet (well trams are), 'Green' (if you get what I mean) and most are very modern, but then thats just my opinion :roll: ;)

Jordy

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Trams encourage far more people out of their cars than a bus service could ever dream of doing.

tramboy

Might have to back up my name here...of course trams are good, light rail has a greater capacity than buses, and is a lot cleaner. Nottingham, before it opened, people said was doomed to fail "It duplicates the Robin Hood Line", yet is now one of the most succesful tram systems in the country.

AJP said:
The OHL clutter city center streets

Only where it's been done wrong (namely Manchester) as they were scared to use building fixings. Visit any other city centre and you'll see that the OHLE is not as intrusive as most people make out.

Regards

Dave

Tom B

Established Member
*cough*

Please do substantiate claims, "I hate trams" isn't ideal, "I hate trams because xyz" is better.

You could argue both ways, but they do seem to help take cars off the roads, and provide an excellent replacement to badly run buses.

Jim

Established Member
TBH, as long as it is done neatly, I love 'em. Like a bit of Sheffied Supertram bashing :P

Nick

Jordy said:
Jim said:
Like a bit of Sheffied Supertram bashing

Ooooh yeah great idea :lol: ;)

Naaaa, how about NET ;)
Bellowing can be done on trams, providing you are a conductor at Crich :p
Providing bellowing is what I think it is and ho

Status
Not open for further replies.