• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Trans Siberian - locos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Butler

I'm off to China on the Trans Siberian (Trans Manchurian actually) in a few weeks. Does anyone know of a source of information on locos currently used in Russia that I might see ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

superalbs

Established Member
Thanks - a lot more than I'd found with Google.
If you navigate back to the start page, it has lists for most of Europe and a few surrounding countries in Africa/Asia. Nice site to get a feel for what the situation is like in a certain country, that isn't extensively covered on sites like VagonWEB.

Chris Butler

Great. What's your routing to Moscow ? Do you take the train direct to Beijing or make some stops en route ?

Eurostar to Paris.
Arrive/depart Paris same day.
Paris to Moscow sleeper
Arrive/depart Moscow same day.
Moscow to Haerbin (visit the ice festival)
Haerbin to Beijing (HSR G-train)
Beijing overnight only - can't do Haerbin to Chagsha in one day.
Beijing - Changsha (HSR G-train)
Tour round Hunan.
Changsa - West Kowloon (Hong Kong) (HSR G-train).
Dodge the riots for three days.
Fly home.

If all goes well, aiming to Trans Mongolian next year to Tibet and back through Kazakhstan instead of Trans Siberian route. We'll see !

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
It sounds absolutely amazing, both this forthcoming trip and your proposed one for next year. Hope you have great time. Will you keep us updated on your progress if you are able to?

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Eurostar to Paris.
Arrive/depart Paris same day.
Paris to Moscow sleeper
Arrive/depart Moscow same day.
Moscow to Haerbin (visit the ice festival)
Haerbin to Beijing (HSR G-train)
Beijing overnight only - can't do Haerbin to Chagsha in one day.
Beijing - Changsha (HSR G-train)
Tour round Hunan.
Changsa - West Kowloon (Hong Kong) (HSR G-train).
Dodge the riots for three days.
Fly home.

If all goes well, aiming to Trans Mongolian next year to Tibet and back through Kazakhstan instead of Trans Siberian route. We'll see !
I agree with Steve it does sound really interesting and I’d love to hear how you get on please Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.