• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

Andyh82

Established Member
Harrogate and Malton being quite small depots (Malton particularly) where it would be difficult to operate with some many buses parked up.

Burnley and Intack are massive, and Keighley have their outstation they can park loads of buses in

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Lad

How long are companies going to be able to run empty buses? Even a thinned Sunday service must be a financial black hole. Is there any central funding being applied?

Swimbar

I see that Connexions Buses are accepting Transdev ticket holders.
http://www.connexionsbuses.com/author/ctemple/
'Due to the virtual lockdown of the country, we are reducing our service to a skeleton one. Where we have services that run along similar routes to another operator, we have tried to space them out, and we will accept all tickets issued by other operators at this time'
Are Transdev Harrogate doing the same?

Last edited by a moderator:

Alexbus12

'Due to the virtual lockdown of the country, we are reducing our service to a skeleton one. Where we have services that run along similar routes to another operator, we have tried to space them out, and we will accept all tickets issued by other operators at this time'

Good to see. Well done Connexions

RustySpoons

Are Transdev Harrogate doing the same?

A very sensible move at a time like this.

There's no mention of Transdev doing the same on any of their social feeds or website, but hopefully discretion will be used by drivers/duty managers.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Transdev are reducing services even further from Sunday, halving several of them.

In Keighley:

The 662 frequency is halved to hourly.

The B3 will be every 2 hours.

The shorts on the 60 are withdrawn.

The 72 and 962 are halved to every 2 hours.

Routes K10 to K19 and 966 are withdrawn.

SCH117X

Established Member
Harrogate based services will be largely down to hourly and Knaresborough estates served by the 1N route.

RustySpoons

Burnley have reduced services too. X43 hourly to/from Manchester, two hourly to/from Skipton. Most town services are hourly as are most destinations on the Mainline.

Can't be easy to keep the wheels turning whilst there's hardly any passengers but fair play to them they're doing a decent job!

NorthOxonian

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Burnley have reduced services too. X43 hourly to/from Manchester, two hourly to/from Skipton. Most town services are hourly as are most destinations on the Mainline.

Can't be easy to keep the wheels turning whilst there's hardly any passengers but fair play to them they're doing a decent job!
I think that they're going for the right move here - ensuring that all destinations still have a service, but at a reduced frequency which matches demand. Do the K10-K19 serve any unique destinations (I know some run to places like Oxenhope which gets a B3 service, but where wouldn't have an alternative)?

Deerfold

Veteran Member
I think that they're going for the right move here - ensuring that all destinations still have a service, but at a reduced frequency which matches demand. Do the K10-K19 serve any unique destinations (I know some run to places like Oxenhope which gets a B3 service, but where wouldn't have an alternative)?

The B3 will no longer run in the evening so there's no service Haworth - Oxenhope.
Stanbury has no service, nor Marsh, Leeming, Laycock to Low Bank, Riddlesden, East Morton, Cullingworth to Harden, Cullingworth to Lingbob. Keighley to Black Hill

Attachments

• bradford_keighley_map-february-2020.pdf
    388.7 KB · Views: 20

SCH117X

Established Member
For children (and others) they have launched a series of print off and play "bus city" packs with buildings applicable to the specific operation
Build your own bus city with #TransdevTeach

Since you may not be able to ride our buses right now, we’re bringing them into your home!

With #TransdevTeach we’re bringing you a whole series of fun indoor activities to do with the kids.

The first - build your own bus city!

It’s easy to play. Just download your pack here, print out, and get cutting and sticking.

Don’t forget to share your bus city with us on our Twitter, Facebook or Instagram pages using the hashtag #TransdevTeach - we've got some special goodies in store for the best creations!

Collect the whole set!
We know you will be keen to collect the whole set, each one has it's own special local buildings and buses!

Take a trip to the seaside for some fairground rides in our Coastliner pack

Take a look at our Burnley pack to get Burnley Town Hall in your collection

The Rock is waiting for you in our Rosso pack

Catch the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway in our Keighley pack

Download Harrogate to find the stunning Royal Hall and Victoria Shopping Centre

Give us a tweet @blackburnbusco if you need any help. Happy building!
https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/york/build-your-own-bus-city-transdevteach

RustySpoons

Ha ha! Blackburn obviously has nothing worthwhile to offer... Mind you, Burnley only seems to have the Town Hall, which is currently surrounded by scaffolding in real life.

Good idea though! Wonder if they'll release add-ons as these dreary lockdown weeks drag on...

SCH117X

Established Member

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Its the Blackburn one I quoted, oddly none say what their own one features so you have to look at another one so the Coastliner one for example at https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/york/build-your-own-bus-city-transdevteach-4 tells us to Look for Blackburn Cathedral in the Blackburn one,

Just wondering if you could have an alternative one with a collection of all the crap stuff in your area

Harrogate - get a crack den in Chapeltown
Coastliner - collect the Tescos at Seacroft
Blackburn - just Darwen :lol:

Dallamlad

Established Member
Spotted one of the former Red 4 vehicles on the Red Express this morning. Interestingly they've branded it all up. Paint is the same but now has Red Express down the side along with other bits all around including fast into the big city on the back.

Alexbus12

Spotted one of the former Red 4 vehicles on the Red Express this morning. Interestingly they've branded it all up. Paint is the same but now has Red Express down the side along with other bits all around including fast into the big city on the back.

Wonder how long these last on this before they're parachuted onto another failed route.

SCH117X

Established Member
According to WYIS its 1870 FJ58 LTX, 1871 FJ58 LTV is stated as to be repainted for Harrogate although presumably that might be put on hold in the current situation.

SCH117X

Established Member
Further Sunday reductions with no services at all on the 24 between Harrogate Pateley Bridge and Coastliner limited to Malton-Leeds.

RustySpoons

Further Sunday reductions with no services at all on the 24 between Harrogate Pateley Bridge and Coastliner limited to Malton-Leeds.

Understandable. Coastliner must be haemorrhaging money between Malton and the coast at the moment.

Witch Way is cutting the Skipton services on a Sunday, Mainline looks to be remaining pretty much hourly between Colne - Burnley - Padiham and local services are mostly doing four return trips at two hourly intervals.

I think it's safe to assume Pendle Wizz won't be happening this month.

Andyh82

Established Member
Alex has also tweeted today saying that over 300 buses have been delicenced, and that York depot has been temporarily closed, with operations moving to Malton and Harrogate

SCH117X

Established Member
Alex has also tweeted today saying that over 300 buses have been delicenced, and that York depot has been temporarily closed, with operations moving to Malton and Harrogate
Does say they are all being serviced and any issues fixed but I thought any main issues with the vehicles were dealt with at Intack so how could a delicenced vehicle be moved to Blackburn. The 22 being worked by Harrogate ought to have taken place even if York stayed open given the single vehicle currently required starts its duty at Knaresborough at 0735 and ends back there at 1911

theblackwatch

Established Member
Can they be moved for servicing on trade plates?

To be honest, I'm not surprised there are further service reductions - the '1N' services I've seen this week have never had more than 4 or 5 people on them - and this is on a route that has already been reduced from 8 buses an hour to 2.

RustySpoons

The majority of servicing and maintenance can be done at the respective depots. Bigger work such as refurbs and the like were done at Intack, or the ‘Dream Factory’ as it used to always be referred to.

For the Yorkshire fleets I’m guessing most of the ‘sorted’ fleet has been mothballed. Vehicles that are due some TLC will probably be kept at Starbeck/Malton with the in-service fleet and get worked on as and when.

Also depends on how delicensed is interpreted. Untaxed so they can’t be used on the road at all or just had their operator discs removed, in which case they can still be moved between depots just not used in service.

Either way I don’t think there’ll be any inter-depot travel for buses for a while now.

Andyh82

Established Member
I think they are SORNed so they get a road tax rebate.

By servicing I assume they just mean the usual service intervals will be kept up so when they need to go back into service they haven’t seized up

RustySpoons

By servicing I assume they just mean the usual service intervals will be kept up so when they need to go back into service they haven’t seized up

just seen the tweet from AH, you’re spot on. Seems like they’re servicing them and getting work done on them so they can fire them straight into service once things start to improve.

Swimbar

just seen the tweet from AH, you’re spot on. Seems like they’re servicing them and getting work done on them so they can fire them straight into service once things start to improve.

Not sure 'fire' is an appropriate word to use when discussing Transdev Harrogate operations.

SCH117X

Established Member
Presumably the operational fleet has enough spares in it. One thing I often notice is an out of service vehicle on the A59 between Harrogate and Skipton, if not going to Intact for repair on a return trip for some spares. An example was one the B10BLEs a few years ago which had a damaged seat one Saturday and the next afternoon their it was eastbound back to Harrogate on the A59.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th

This is what all the operators are (or should be) doing. Ensure water and coolant levels are topped up and even simple stuff like greasing hinges.