• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

Ashly_Jethro

As an aside, I wonder whether the ex-Witchway Volvo B9TLs will be refurbished for other routes? They are bound to be repainted at least. I understand some are being allocated to route 66 (Keighley - Skipton) and 152 (Burnley - Preston).
Yes you’re right. A number of them have already had some work done to them. They’re having Euro 6 engine upgrades, new destination blinds, and next stop systems. They’re also getting interior branding, and as far as I’m aware the seating is saying the same as it’s in impeccable condition as it is. The remaining 2 vehicles should be being retained by Burnley as spares.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RustySpoons

It's also rumoured that B7TL Gemini 2750 is being repainted out of Pride of the North into Burnley orange and orange livery

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Yes you’re right. A number of them have already had some work done to them. They’re having Euro 6 engine upgrades, new destination blinds, and next stop systems. They’re also getting interior branding, and as far as I’m aware the seating is saying the same as it’s in impeccable condition as it is. The remaining 2 vehicles should be being retained by Burnley as spares.

Haven't some of them stayed on the Pendle Wizz too?

RustySpoons

Haven't some of them stayed on the Pendle Wizz too?
It's the '05 batch of B7TLs currently on the Wizz. Although they could possibly be a bus or two down as despite the current reduced timetable there's been a PotN vehicle frequently running too.

Deerfold

Veteran Member
It's the '05 batch of B7TLs currently on the Wizz. Although they could possibly be a bus or two down as despite the current reduced timetable there's been a PotN vehicle frequently running too.

Thanks. For some reason I've not had a chance to try out the Wizz since it started - I used to catch the X43 between Burnley and Skipton every couple of months.

Ashly_Jethro

Hotline update: the B9s are being launched this Sunday!

RustySpoons

Harrogate are testing a Yutong electric thing at the moment on 'The 1', borrowed from Go North East.

Twittery linky

More testing times, this time with
@PelicanYutong’s electric single decker as we continue trials ahead of future investment in zero emission for
@harrogatebus #the1 Great to have a drive for a change - and a nice drive it was too

Pictured with some questionable parking at a bus stop, causing a minor traffic blockage with no one in the drivers seat...

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 21.23.32.png

It does show how quickly battery technology has come along in the few short years since the Volvo Electrics entered service. Whereas they need the quick charges at the bus station between services I'm guessing these will be able to do a full day (or there abouts) in service without a recharge.

I also notice that the previously much publicised electric service to Pateley Bridge has been quietly unplugged, I believe it's exclusively run with dinosaur juice powered buses again. Although it did seem quite an inefficient service to run, requiring an additional electric bus to run whilst the other was charging... The electric Solo's haven't been seen in service anywhere for a long time now.

Not much else to report on over the other side of the Pennines in Lancashire that hasn't been reported already.

There's still at least one Solo on the Rosso Rovers network that is still completely unbranded, unusually it doesn't even carry a temporary Transdev logo. It looks very unidentifiable which is very unusual for Transdev it has to be said.

The 'new' Hotline is 'hotting up', apparently, and they'll be out on the road this Sunday.
(As Peter posted above)...

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 21.42.00.png
As can be seen, a slightly different but much better route branding. And also a slight orange highlight, I'm guessing because 'hot', rather than a nod to Burnley orange considering it's a Blackburn service. They've also been updated with USB charging.

markymark2000

On Moderation
It does show how quickly battery technology has come along in the few short years since the Volvo Electrics entered service. Whereas they need the quick charges at the bus station between services I'm guessing these will be able to do a full day (or there abouts) in service without a recharge.
I think both opportunity charging and depot charging have their pros and cons. It depends how long the trips are and how much layover is available. Opportunity charging means less batteries needed so the longer term cost is reduced both financially and cost to the environment. Not sure if the same applies to electric buses but mobile phones always say don't do full charge and let them die, do lots of smaller charges as the battery lasts longer.
Depot charging requires less infrastructure but the cost comes from needing more buses than the PVR or having to have non electric buses out because the daily millage is limited.

Opportunity charging means the cost is higher upfront but longer term savings. Depot charging is the opposite. It depends how much is available upfront I think.

RustySpoons

Glad to see they've still got faith in the B10BLE! I think I prefer the Blackburn colours of blue and blue over the slightly garish orange and orange of Burnley.

Twitter Link
As well as the £5.2m spent on new buses last year, we continue to ensure the rest of our fleet gets the attention needed to remain smart for our customers, just like this vehicle freshly returned from the paintshop here
@blackburnbusco

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 10.37.33.png

Don't think anyone can deny it's looking fantastic. Later this year Burnley can celebrate 20 years of continuous service from their remaining batch - and they still don't rattle and are a lot more comfortable to ride on than the much younger Versas that replaced their replacements!

RustySpoons

What the hell are those headlights?
Look awful don't they?

They were retrofitted at the first refurb many of them received around 2009ish. Apparently it was because spares of the originals were hard to come by, so they replaced them with these.

Ant158

What the hell are those headlights?
At least this time they have painted these light surrounds the same colour as the bus rather than the black that stood out a mile on he old Lancashire United livery. Also interesting one of these has Hotline 152 branding on the rear. These were branded for the route in both Blazefield and Lancashire United liveries.

RustySpoons

At least this time they have painted these light surrounds the same colour as the bus rather than the black that stood out a mile on he old Lancashire United livery. Also interesting one of these has Hotline 152 branding on the rear. These were branded for the route in both Blazefield and Lancashire United liveries.

Indeed. 1098-1103 I believe were branded for the 152 when new.

Here is the above bus, 1100, in it's original (and for me, the best) livery.

RustySpoons

Interesting, wonder if it was done intentionally or just a happy accident

Reckon it'll just be a happy accident, it'll be operating around Blackburn so advertises the 152, similarly various Rosso buses that serve Rawtenstall as well as a couple of Burnley B10s have 'Sky Class' branded rear ends advertising the X43.

cnjb8

Established Member
Look awful don't they?

They were retrofitted at the first refurb many of them received around 2009ish. Apparently it was because spares of the originals were hard to come by, so they replaced them with these.
I think they look alright. The President's have similar headlights don't they?

SCH117X

Established Member
Here is the above bus, 1100, in it's original (and for me, the best) livery.
Those base Blazefield liveries did stand out despite being largely traditional in format but IMO could have been better when it came to the route branding which was overlarge and a smaller font would haven been better

RustySpoons

New to Hotline B9s have entered service today.

Pictured here leaving Blackburn, courtesy of Flickr...

Slight changes for the better to the layout of the branding, although can't help but think the destination points could do with being in bold text to help them stand out, and the 'up to every 30mins' looks a bit lost.

Compared to the previous livery

Still no word of what's happening to the '05 B7s that previously ran the 152. I'm not actually sure there's anywhere else on the network they'd be needed.

SCH117X

Established Member
Keighley has two Dawson Rentals Solos for the revamped Otley local services. "Otley Dash" 165 YJ13HJG and 166 KX64AEC which are branded for the service along with existing Solos 155 and 156. 165 was new to Mullany's of Watford while 166 was first used by Ross Travel of Feathersyone.

bluenoxid

Established Member
New to Hotline B9s have entered service today.

Pictured here leaving Blackburn, courtesy of Flickr...

Slight changes for the better to the layout of the branding, although can't help but think the destination points could do with being in bold text to help them stand out, and the 'up to every 30mins' looks a bit lost.

Compared to the previous livery

Still no word of what's happening to the '05 B7s that previously ran the 152. I'm not actually sure there's anywhere else on the network they'd be needed.

What does the school bus fleet look like? If they are owned, they are probably pretty effective options.

Bwsbro

YJ17FVA has been spotted on Flickr wearing its new base livery for the Wharfede Links whilst YJ17FUW is now branded for the Otley Dash

Last edited:

SCH117X

Established Member
Electric Solo 90 has moved to Burnley, albeit still in store according to WYIS

RustySpoons

Former Mk1 WitchWay, Mk2 Mainline and Pride of the North liveried B7TL 2750 has received a new coat of paint and another variation of the local branding.

Twitter Link

Our next arrival in @burnleybuses celebrates the diversity and range of roles throughout the organisation - and the part we play as both bus operators and asset to the town. Look out for the real thing next week.

Screenshot 2021-03-04 at 19.49.58.png

Still no sign or word of the new Mellor Dishwashers that are due for the newly won tendered work. There was a Keighley Jet Merc floating around Queensgate a few days ago though, possibly there for driver familiarisation duties.

Other side of the hills and the Otley Dash quietly entered service with two suitably branded Solo SRs. Route number 965 has also been dropped, must have been another long used route number that is suddenly causing confusion...

A refreshed (and rather unfinished looking) Wharfdale Links livery has also been introduced, confusingly very similar to the Otley Dash - why not just have everything under the Wharfdale Links brand? Even so, it does look a lot better than the Darts did.