• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transfer of LNER HST 125s to East Midlands Railway (EMR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WesternLancer

Established Member
3 HSTs are required. One of the diagrams is split to keep the set that is normally at cricklewood overnight in the loop. At least one set looks almost ready so it might be likely there will be a steady introduction as some of the set have still not been through Neville hill?

Monday to Friday. Last Saturday two were in use on a early morning/late evening trip to market harborough and back and non as far as I was aware in use on Sunday.

Two sets I think have gone. NL06 (somewhere near Sheffield) & NL07 (on the way to or at Newport?)
Many thanks!

Established Member
Red HST takeover has started. 43316 and 43320 with NL51 is out on 1C15 and will return north on 1F63 this evening. (0519 Leeds - London & 1819 London - Sheffield)

Red HST set NL51 formed of 43320 and 43316 has entered service today on 1C15 05:09 Leeds - St Pancras International.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
There was a red buffet car in an otherwise EMT coloured set out yesterday.

trebor79

Established Member
Sorry I'm a bit behind the times. I did search through the thread but couldn't find the answer... Why are EMR replacing their HSTs with ex-LNER HSTs?
Does that his mean no more VP185s operating anywhere?

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Sorry I'm a bit behind the times. I did search through the thread but couldn't find the answer... Why are EMR replacing their HSTs with ex-LNER HSTs?

The LNER versions are more compliant (or less non-compliant) to the PRM-TSI regulations, and therefore more suitable until they are replaced when the new electric timetable commences.

D365

Veteran Member

The ex-LNER HSTs will remain for the rest of the year as they are "more compliant" when it comes to accessibility requirements.

And yes, that is correct. Porterbrook will be donating two of the EMR Class 43s to the 125 Group, but I don't remember if it is proposed for them to be refitted with the original Valentas.

Ladder23

Established Member
any idea if it will be out tomorrow or was this a one of?

On Moderation
And yes, that is correct. Porterbrook will be donating two of the EMR Class 43s to the 125 Group, but I don't remember if it is proposed for them to be refitted with the original Valentas.
125 Group’s objectives very clearly state that the aim is to preserve a Valenta fitted power car, so expect one to be converted back at least.

trebor79

Established Member
Thank you for the replies. Seems a lot of kerfuffle to still not comply with PRM!

Roast Veg

Established Member
From memory, the terrible levels of compliance in the EMR stock is worth it.

D365

Veteran Member
Thank you for the replies. Seems a lot of kerfuffle to still not comply with PRM!

There isn’t much of an alternative until the Class 360s are available, and the ex-Hull Class 180s are back in traffic.

Mikey C

Established Member
It was worth it, but with the minimal number of people using the services now, and in the immediate future, maybe less so now

Especially as the number of passengers who need the PRM modifications must be tiny at the moment

cactustwirly

Established Member
It was worth it, but with the minimal number of people using the services now, and in the immediate future, maybe less so now

Especially as the number of passengers who need the PRM modifications must be tiny at the moment

I would bet none, because they're unlikely to be essential workers.

57Tonic

I can see the PRM compliance exemption being extended again, as we are probably at least two months behind with manufacturing of replacement stock and training for a lot of operators.

43 302

Established Member
I can see the PRM compliance exemption being extended again, as we are probably at least two months behind with manufacturing of replacement stock and training for a lot of operators.
The replacement stock for the HSTs already exists.

Established Member
[/QUOTE]
There isn’t much of an alternative until the Class 360s are available, and the ex-Hull Class 180s are back in traffic.

Has there been any official update on the 360 move?

I have heard unofficial rumours that AGA might not, in fact, be in a position to release them by the end of the year due to issues introducing their new fleet.

In which case I wonder if we might see HSTs continuing in service on the MML until the 810s are introduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.