• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transferring a rover

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
I bought a First Class 7 Day ALR from Sunday but due to unforeseen and sudden illness, am grounded and unable to galliavant across the country. Sods law really.

The question is, is it forbidden to transfer it to someone else? Presumably as it's a rover, there is no refund value and it'd be a tremendous waste to let it expire without being used. That said, should there be any problems if I did transfer it, I don't want there to be any legal ramifications.

TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nedchester

Established Member
I bought a First Class 7 Day ALR from Sunday but due to unforeseen and sudden illness, am grounded and unable to galliavant across the country. Sods law really.

The question is, is it forbidden to transfer it to someone else? Presumably as it's a rover, there is no refund value and it'd be a tremendous waste to let it expire without being used. That said, should there be any problems if I did transfer it, I don't want there to be any legal ramifications.

TIA

You should be able to get a refund minus the £10 admin charge.

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Is the ALR valid from this Sunday past or Sunday coming?

I would have thought that surely you'd be able to refund it if before its start date as nedchester says?

If it's from last Sunday then it wouldn't be valid as per NRCoC 6. Obviously there's a cat in hell's chance of anyone knowing that it had been transferred from the intended user, but as you say the ramifications would not be good for someone in the industry.

dvboy

Established Member
I thought rovers didn't attract a £10 admin fee for refund. I had an East Midlands 3 in 7 Rover refunded in full before its start date simply due to change in plans that meant individual tickets for each leg worked out cheaper.

The "Conditions" part is missing from the ALR page on NRE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.