• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transparencies in timetables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leezer3

Hiya,
Trying to solve a single, rather annoying bug ATM. I'm trying to get transparencies in timetable bitmaps to work correctly, but nothing appears to be working.

I'm using 512x512 pixel bitmaps, with a simple layer of transparency at the bottom, nothing fancy- This simply renders as solid colour.
The transparent color for the bitmaps is currently set at #000000 (Pure black), but I've also tried #0000FF (Pure blue), with no change. I've also tried both my own two trains (OS_ATS plugin) & the BVE 4 HST (Simon Gathercole's plugin), again with no effects.

Thoughts on whats causing this?
(I do note that no-one else seems to have tried to use transparencies in timetables- BVE bug?)

Cheers

Chris Lees

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

pedned

Hiya,
Trying to solve a single, rather annoying bug ATM. I'm trying to get transparencies in timetable bitmaps to work correctly, but nothing appears to be working.

Ive been messing around with a few timetables from various routes with paint
(Please not this is for purley personal purposes only (Im not recreating these and sending them to people as i respect the authors have spent their own time to create these and i havent got permission from the authors.)

You can set bitmap transparencies with that
but it only makes the white transparent.

If you need any help re post or PM me and i'll try and help the bast i can, its not the easiest thing to explain.

Hope this helps
Jamie Course

leezer3

Main question is what train are you using?
The transparent color is defined in the part of the train's panel2.cfg which places the timetable; I don't know what the behaviour of a BVE2 built train would be in this regard, as I know BVE4 automatically creates a temporary upgraded panel.

Edit: Are you saying you're setting an alpha mask somewhere? (Ignore me if you don't know what I'm talking about ;P )

Will try white & report back.

Chris Lees

pedned

sorry not sure what an alpha mask is but if you PM me with your email i'll send you one of the timetables for you to work it out

Jamie Course

Guinness

Established Member
When you use the Pure Blue are you sure you have the correct colour that's been painted Blue i.e. on the panel itself. I once made that fault when I mistakenly picked an extremely similar colour to #0000FF but was a few tones out of colour (Not visible to the naked eye).

What imaging software are you using?

leezer3

Lol, no probs- If you don't know what it is, then you aren't using it :)
Drop one of the ones working at your end to leezer3 (at) gmail.com , many thanks :)

Chaz- I've tried this with 24-bit bitmaps & 256 bit bitmaps, saved in Irfanview (What I would normally use for this sort of stuff, with no complex effects involved), Photoshop & plain MS Paint. I'm certain the colours are right, as I've checked this enough times now. Also, the fact that no other colors appear to work either point to a wider problem.

Its a Nvidia GFX card, & I know there were driver problems on this front for a series of versions, but I'm on what as far as I know is a good version. (No other problems)

Cheers all.

Chris Lees

Status
Not open for further replies.