• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpennine Booking Horizons

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeeGee

http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/times_fares/ticket_types/44703.aspx

Only open until 10th July for Advance Tickets. I want to travel from Stevenage to Grimsby on the later afternoon of the 17th July.

The return trips via Lincoln are already £22.

Are there any reasons the release of quota is later than most others? Am I to expect engineering works?

Would you, in my position, get cheap quota on an Advance from SVG to Donaster and hope a £5 Advance comes up for DON-GMB, or just wait and hope for it to be released?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
It's nominally 12 weeks, but they don't update the forecast or websites every day. I'd expect it to change sometime this week.

island

Veteran Member
FTPE like most other TOCs opens Advance sales around 12 weeks out but can be a little less for various reasons such as when engineering works have not been finalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.