• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpennine Delay Repay

Status
Not open for further replies.

shredder1

Established Member
I had a late running train from Manchester to Newcastle on the evening of Friday 8th December 2017. I scanned in the tickets and filled out the on line application, but have heard nothing since.

I wasnt really bothered but the guard on the train insisted we all made a claim, so I thought I`d test it, how long do these things usually take?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

robbeech

Established Member
Interestingly i've just sent them a message too. I put a claim in 1st December and have heard nothing since the confirmation email.

shredder1

Established Member
Just had a response from them

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for your recent enquiry.
A case has been logged for you with the reference number: TPEE180110BCBR
We aim to respond within 20 working days, but if your enquiry is urgent and you require a more immediate response, please call us on 0345 600 1671 and quote this reference number.
Kind regards
Customer Services Team

skifans

They might get round to you soon, I put a request on the 23rd of November and it was granted in the 3rd of January. I'd assumed they were going slower then usual due to less working days over the Christmas period.

shredder1

Established Member
They might get round to you soon, I put a request on the 23rd of November and it was granted in the 3rd of January. I'd assumed they were going slower then usual due to less working days over the Christmas period.

Haha, going slower, same as the trains then, cheers mate

Established Member
I put in a claim, had heard no response nearly 2 months later. So I phoned to see what was going on and they claimed to know nothing of my case! They were more than happy to re-take the details of it though-so I'd give them a ring.

shredder1

Established Member
I put in a claim, had heard no response nearly 2 months later. So I phoned to see what was going on and they claimed to know nothing of my case! They were more than happy to re-take the details of it though-so I'd give them a ring.

I`m not too bothered because it was only a pleasure trip, I only sent it off because the staff on the train insisted that we did :rolleyes:
Thanks very much though,;)

robbeech

Established Member
Me neither I shall be chasing it up again at the end of the week when I’m home.

shredder1

Established Member
Result!!!

Reference: TPEE180127BBVW

Dear Shredder

Thank you for submitting your Delay Repay form in regards to your journey on the 08 December 2017. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience this must have caused.

On the 1st of April we introduced a new Delay Repay scheme in line with our franchise agreement with the Department for Transport. Further details of this scheme can be obtained at http://bit.ly/TPE-charter. Under the new regime compensation is calculated as follows:

• 30 to 59 minute delay: Compensation of 50% of your single ticket (SGL) or 50% of the relevant portion of your return ticket (RTN).
• 60 to 119 minute delay: Compensation of 100% of your single ticket (SGL) or 50% of the relevant portion of your return ticket (RTN).
• More than 120 minute delay: Compensation of 100% of your single ticket (SGL) or 100% of your return ticket (RTN).

We have reviewed your claim and calculated that you are entitled to £46.40 in compensation; you will receive a cheque totalling this amount within the next 15 working days. If you have any queries about your claim please do not hesitate to contact us quoting your personal reference code.

Yours sincerely

Customer Relations Advisor

skifans

Result!!!

Reference: TPEE180127BBVW

Dear Shredder

Thank you for submitting your Delay Repay form in regards to your journey on the 08 December 2017. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience this must have caused.

On the 1st of April we introduced a new Delay Repay scheme in line with our franchise agreement with the Department for Transport. Further details of this scheme can be obtained at http://bit.ly/TPE-charter. Under the new regime compensation is calculated as follows:

• 30 to 59 minute delay: Compensation of 50% of your single ticket (SGL) or 50% of the relevant portion of your return ticket (RTN).
• 60 to 119 minute delay: Compensation of 100% of your single ticket (SGL) or 50% of the relevant portion of your return ticket (RTN).
• More than 120 minute delay: Compensation of 100% of your single ticket (SGL) or 100% of your return ticket (RTN).

We have reviewed your claim and calculated that you are entitled to £46.40 in compensation; you will receive a cheque totalling this amount within the next 15 working days. If you have any queries about your claim please do not hesitate to contact us quoting your personal reference code.

Yours sincerely

Customer Relations Advisor
Congratulations, least they finally got round to it.

robbeech

Established Member
Got a similar email too. Paid in full, well, cheque is in the post.

shredder1

Established Member
Amazing, just receive this from Transpennine, my claim has gone from £46.40 to £11.60, apparently they`d miscalculated, do these people have a clue what they are doing???

Dear Mr Shredder

Please do not reply to this email. It has been sent from an outbound only account and is therefore not monitored. For any enquiries regarding this claim please contact us at [email protected] quotingD12170651 in the subject line.

We experienced much higher volumes than usual during November, which has had a knock-on effect with claims received during December, which itself was another high volume period.

Please accept our apologies again, we appreciate that you have already been waiting some considerable time already for your claim to be resolved. As a gesture of goodwill, on this occasion, we will add an additional £5 to the value of this claim.

Please let us know as soon as possible if there is any amendment to the cheque payee or address information we have quoted at the foot of this email.

Thank you for submitting your Delay Repay form in regards to your journey on 08 December 2017 from MCV to . I would like to apologise for the inconvenience this must have caused.

On 1 April 2016 we introduced a Delay Repay scheme in line with our franchise agreement with the Department for Transport. Further details of this scheme can be obtained at http://bit.ly/2xy0i6D. Under the new regime compensation is calculated as follows:

• 30 to 59 minute delay: Compensation of 50% of your single ticket (SGL) or 25% of your return ticket (RTN).

• 60 to 119 minute delay: Compensation of 100% of your single ticket (SGL) or 50% of your return ticket (RTN).

• More than 120 minute delay: Compensation of 100% of your ticket cost.

In order to ensure that you are reimbursed quickly, a decision has been made to reimburse you by cheque. However, if this does not meet your needs, please contact us by email: [email protected] quoting D12170651 by mid-day[email protected]quoting your personal reference code – D12170651 in the subject line.

We have reviewed your claim and calculated that you are entitled to £11.60 in compensation; you will receive a cheque totalling this amount within the next 15 working days, which will be mailed to the address you supplied

Yours sincerely

Customer Relations

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Incompetence and incorrect decisions, sounds like most TOCs' Delay Repay compensation schemes!

shredder1

Established Member
Ouch, how much should the value be? It isn't too hard to work out.

I`m not sure really, I was only going to give it to a charity anyway. The only reason I claimed was because the on train crew at the time insisted that we did so. TBH it didnt really matter what time I got there.

najaB

Veteran Member
Amazing, just receive this from Transpennine, my claim has gone from £46.40 to £11.60, apparently they`d miscalculated, do these people have a clue what they are doing???
Are you sure this is 'instead of' and not 'in addition to'? It's entirely possible that two people worked the same claim.

shredder1

Established Member
Just received this email from Transpennine, I`d probably struggle keeping my face straight filling it in.

Dear Mr Shredder

Thank you for getting in touch with Transpennine Express we would love to get your feedback about your most recent contact with Louise Ruddock (FG). Please click the link and 4 questions will follow.
https://vtmnew.voicesage.com//Zg3xhJpyXPg
Regards
Transpennine Express

shredder1

Established Member
Are you sure this is 'instead of' and not 'in addition to'? It's entirely possible that two people worked the same claim.

You were right najaB, just arrived back in the UK last night and two cheques were waiting for me from Transpennine, one for £46.40 and another for £16.60, worth the wait and well done Transpennine, especially since I used split ticketing for £45.40, so I have got back more than I paid in and wasnt bothered about the delay anyway, its just that Transpennine on board staff insisted that we applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.