• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpennine Disruption around Huddersfield (25/03)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andyh82

Established Member
Anyone know what is going on on this line. Trains between Huddersfield and Stalybridge have been losing up to 110 minutes since the afternoon with many short notice cancellations, apparently due to trespassing and/or an obstruction on the line?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

voyagerdude220

Established Member
I think there were reports of youths lineside near a tunnel, which may have been the problem, but I'm not sure.

Moonshot

Established Member
I think there were reports of youths lineside near a tunnel, which may have been the problem, but I'm not sure.

you are correct.....youths managed to get inside the disused bores running alongside Standedge Tunnel, and police have had to go in to retrieve them. There have been a number of these just recently in that location.

muz379

Established Member
Trespasser observed/reported inside Standedge Tunnel which meant the line was blocked whilst a full search was carried out .

I have also heard that there was a trespass incident between Huddersfield and Leeds which also caused issues for TPE although I have not heard any details about that incident so cannot comment .

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
That all coming not long after the service had been recovered following the broken down 323 at Guide Bridge!

northernchris

Established Member
I have also heard that there was a trespass incident between Huddersfield and Leeds which also caused issues for TPE although I have not heard any details about that incident so cannot comment .

That may explain why the 1823 Leeds-Moston was cancelled then, as that was due to a trespass incident but shouldn't have been affected by the Standedge issue

Established Member
That may explain why the 1823 Leeds-Moston was cancelled then, as that was due to a trespass incident but shouldn't have been affected by the Standedge issue

Man Vic train crew displaced were by this incident, as many, like myself are passenger to Leeds to work them back this week due to the blockade

northernchris

Established Member
Man Vic train crew displaced were by this incident, as many, like myself are passenger to Leeds to work them back this week due to the blockade

Ah, thanks for that. I'd assumed the crew were the same as those who bring the unit in from Manchester

J4mes

Person on the tracks just out of the station along platform 1 to the east threatening self harm. It was quickly resolved and didn't cause too much of an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.