• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TransPennine Express: Catering on New Trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_pool

About 3 months ago I was on a Nova 3 from Lime Street. We hadn't even got as far as Wavertree Technology Park and the trolley came through through the train, which I thought was rather good.

Only problem is there was no boiling water for hot drinks, they had no soft drinks, and they had no still bottled water but did have sparkling bottled water!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

route101

Established Member
Very much, it would've been a very strange state of affairs to no longer offer hot drinks in standard as I imagine much of the business the trolley does is in standard, especially as it's paid for in there.

Noticed last year that the stuff provided to first class is different from standard trolley , nothing complementary comes off the trolley .

tpjm

Well except why the appropriate trolleys weren't obtained earlier.
Various reasons that contributed to the delay in ordering. Unfortunately, catering is a lower priority than getting the trains ready from an operational perspective. Shouldn’t be long now and the interim measure is only in play on a few sets.

trebor79

Established Member
Currently the same product, the water just comes straight out of the water boiler instead of an urn.

Perhaps it's hotter in general then? A perk of first class, no lukewarm coffee! :lol:

Indeed that will make a better cup of tea. Last time I was on a GWR service I made the mistake of buying a tea from the trolly made with hot water. Never again.

tpjm

Indeed that will make a better cup of tea. Last time I was on a GWR service I made the mistake of buying a tea from the trolly made with hot water. Never again.
Depends how recently they swapped the urns. Service routine should be to do it each time the train is set up from scratch and at regular interval.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
I meant crisps and water . I suppose its like that on most TOC.

Do TPE give out complimentary sandwiches in first ?

I see what you mean, I thought you meant about hot drinks.

Not sure on sandwiches, TPE's website doesn't mention them specifically

Actually it's just a biscuit or something.

Last edited:

route101

Established Member
I see what you mean, I thought you meant about hot drinks.

Not sure on sandwiches, TPE's website doesn't mention them specifically

Actually it's just a biscuit or something.

For some reason i thought they used to give out sandwiches on longer Scottish runs .

Status
Not open for further replies.