• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TransPennine Express Conductor Talent Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

hstmatt

Hello,
I recently applied for a position in the Talent Pool, for TransPennine Express as a Conductor.
Back in early August, I sent in my application, and completed an online assessment.

Since then however, I have had no further updates. I've contacted First, who have told me that the applications are awaiting a managers decision.

Is anyone else in the same position? How long do they usually have you waiting?
I have applied a few times in the past, and I've usually had updates every 3 weeks

I'm a little confused?

Thanks
Matthew

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

F285

Hi, long time reader and first time replier,

I applied to SWR who is First, for guard back in end of July and they only just got back to me. I checked my account weekly sometimes more but no change.

I was in the process of contacting them when they emailed to say I have an assessment. Little under two months so hold tight.

I have very limited experience with TOCs but reading the forum has answered most or all of my questions. Huge thanks to all who contribute and help with info and answers.

J-P_L

It’s the waiting game I’m afraid and the recruitment process can be long. There are usually only a couple of people who deal with recruitment and they may have a lot of sifting/interviews to organise.

For me I had my application and online assessments in December (took 4 weeks to hear back), interview in January, Conductor OPC assesments in February, then 3 months in a talent pool and a month for medical and results before starting at the end of July.

Mike121

When I applied for the job, from application to starting the job with Transpennine was about 10 months. Just hang in there. I know it is annoying but worth it

hstmatt

Hi all,
To update, last week I was invited to an interview for the above role, based at Manchester Piccadilly.
I have recently been told that I've been successful, and now have all the usual medical/ D&A.
Quick questions I have are:
Does anyone know weather TPE @ Man Pic are 4, or 5 day depots?
Does anyone have a brief overview of the terms and conditions?
I'm currently at Manchester Piccadilly with Northern, and I am aware there are differences.

Finally, big thank you to everyone that helped!

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.