• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpennine express Guard tests

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstars12

Hi

I have recently had a guards assessment and just wanting to know has anyone else?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Afternoon mate

When did you apply for the role?

I applied for the trainee conductor role with TPE at the beginning of August. I had to do a online assessment consisting of twenty questions at the time but not heard a dickie bird since.

Have you been to a assessment day with them?

C J

Dav1d

Hi

I have recently had a guards assessment and just wanting to know has anyone else?

I applied for Manchester guards position early August. I Did online assessment just after applying , end of August did opc tests, and yesterday did role play and interview with opc. They have advised we should find out results in couple weeks and if passed it's then a final interview with conductor manager.

I know others that applied for same role and heard nothing , hope this helps

C J Snarzell

Established Member
I think there was a recruitment window for the same role about May or June time from comments made by other forum members previously.

The trainee conductor role I applied for was only advertised for less than 48 hours before being removed. There were four locations advertised - Glasgow, Newcastle, Liverpool and Preston. I applied for the last one as I'm only down the road in Wigan.

Like I said all four were only on the vacancy board for less than two days before disappearing. I assume the volume of applications in the first 24 hours prompted the HR people to pull the plug!!!

Good luck with your own application though - I'm not even thinking about my own as I don't want to get my hopes up.

C J

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Dav1d

I don't recall a Manchester trainee conductor role being advertised with TPE?

Maybe it was one I missed!

I submitted my own application on the 1st August for Preston.

C J

Dav1d

It was on for a very short period. It was for talent bank at Piccadilly.

Most other candidates I met at assessment dates (both of them) applied for preston for glasgow

C J Snarzell

Established Member
I've just checked my own application on the First Group site and I assume it is still live as there is a 'withdraw' button on there but nothing to suggest it has been discontinued.

The application page also has a summary of the e-mails TPE have sent me and I just have the three acknowledgement e-mails dated the 1st August to state my application had been recieved and confirmation about completing my assessment. Nothing since then.

Very bizarre but maybe there is a method to the madness as they say?

C J

Brad1

I applied for the Piccadilly vacancy too. Did the online assessment then was invited to an assessment day on 29th August. I couldn’t attend that date and was told I’d be moved over to the next one but not herd anything as of yet.

redstars12

HI

Does anyone know anything about the OPC assessments at all, i have got a group interview to do, but i am awful at these type of things and anyone know what the types of questions they ask at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.