• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TransPennine Express Nova 1 (Class 802) Diagrams

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewSt

Yes, there is one arriving now in platform 2 at Piccadilly. (I think it forms the 11.40 to Newcastle). I used the TPE app under 'live times' to check.

Thank you! Bit late for me to go and catch it now unfortunately but might see if I can pick it up later in its diagram.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ys123

Thank you! Bit late for me to go and catch it now unfortunately but might see if I can pick it up later in its diagram.
1412 arrival at Piccadilly from Newcastle is also a 802. It is currently at Darlington.

FrodshamJnct

Established Member
Currently on 9S14 stuck at Darlington due to a flock of sheep on the line. There is a trolley with alcohol though, so it’s all good.

DJH1971

Established Member
Is the 802 service from Manchester Victoria to Liverpool that calls at Lea Green at 0646 a part-time service or something?
It ran yesterday, but was not even listed on the departure boards this morning and also not listed for running tomorrow.

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Is the 802 service from Manchester Victoria to Liverpool that calls at Lea Green at 0646 a part-time service or something?
It ran yesterday, but was not even listed on the departure boards this morning and also not listed for running tomorrow.

Planned cancellation - the diagram involves an empty trip from Edge Hill to Stalybridge at 0434 (via Lime Street). Diagram starts with 0724 Liverpool Lime Street to Edinburgh instead.

There are a few early cancellations of empty stock workings at Liverpool this week - suspect there is some overnight engineering work that prevents access - looks like back to normal next week.

Peter E

Morning all. I am looking for 802205 which does not appear to be working recently much. Is it available for the 10 diagram's please. Thank you.

tpjm

Morning all. I am looking for 802205 which does not appear to be working recently much. Is it available for the 10 diagram's please. Thank you.
All 19 units are “available” subject to any stopped for maintenance in line with their usual cycles. Nothing is stopped indefinitely, e.g. as a result of hitting something.

Jonny

Established Member
Is the limiting factor in Nova 1 useage the training programme being stalled by the pandemic or the timetable?

8J

I don't think so no. TPE's training for Liverpool, York and Newcastle depots is sufficient to run the full service.

tpjm

There is only limiting factor is the timetable. No MIA - NCL services and there are very few extended past NCL to EDB, so therefore a smaller number of 802 are required. The only reason any services run north of Newcastle is to ensure units cycle through Craigentinny.

Last edited:

Peter E

There is only limiting factor is the timetable. MIA - NCL services and there are very few extended past NCL to EDB, so therefore a smaller number of 802 are required. The only reason any services run north of Newcastle is to ensure units cycle through Craigentinny.
Thanks all for the information.

hibtastic

Any idea when these will start running back up to Edinburgh hourly. Going north soon lol and wanted to try one out.

dan4291

Any idea when these will start running back up to Edinburgh hourly. Going north soon lol and wanted to try one out.

I saw one on a YouTube video at Prestonpans station, where it sat in a freight loop for a bit, so I wonder if they're doing route knowledge refreshing ready to start back.

Halish Railway

Established Member
I saw one on a YouTube video at Prestonpans station, where it sat in a freight loop for a bit, so I wonder if they're doing route knowledge refreshing ready to start back.
They’re still running up to Edinburgh several times a day - This is due to units needing to go to Craigentinny depot.

802 workings north of Newcastle:

One arrives from Craigentinny and leaves Edinburgh for in the morning before going to Heaton. Then at lunchtime one arrives from Liverpool and then operates a return shuttle to Newcastle before going to Craigentinny.

dan4291

They’re still running up to Edinburgh several times a day - This is due to units needing to go to Craigentinny depot.

802 workings north of Newcastle:

One arrives from Craigentinny and leaves Edinburgh for in the morning before going to Heaton. Then at lunchtime one arrives from Liverpool and then operates a return shuttle to Newcastle before going to Craigentinny.

Ah ok, thanks for the info. I thought the 802s mostly got maintained at Heaton and Doncaster Carr as there's an ECS working from Newcastle to Doncaster most nights I think, but makes sense for Craigentinny as it's a Hitachi depot too.

317 forever

Established Member
Has it always been intended for Middlesbrough services to remain in the hands of 185s, or are these now or soon to be 802s?

317 forever

Established Member
Plan is for the Middlesbrough to be Mk5s and Cl68

OK thanks. Something to look forward to in the future at least. I am heading that way later this month but may well go via Darlington and connect with an Azuma, possibly LNER, rather than TPE direct using a 185.

Status
Not open for further replies.