• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpennine Express

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have undertaken the task of building the Transpennine railway in MSTS.

The route will run from Manchester Piccadilly - Huddersfield - Dewsbury - York including all stations along the way.

I am aware that this is an extremely complex & large route, therefore I will not be giving any release date at any time.

Screenshots of the developing Huddersfield Station to follow later.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

morgantyreman

great news.

Need any help with info ect ect just PM me or add me to msn.

Really hard route, you have a great challange ahead of you especially leeds and the depots ( nevil hill, york and ardwick ( if thats what its called )

could i make a point of the route going to Manchester airport .

There is loads of posible routes on this route including

Nighttime york - man aip
Daytime york-man aip
Leeds-york local
leeds-huddersfield local
huddersfield-man vic ( as far as staylybridge )
Man pic - man air local
and fright

all we need now is a 185

Great news

P.S what the release date ? Only jokeing the longer the better in my view

1D53

Established Member
I've been trying to do Hudds - Leeds is BVE but progress it very very very slow. I have so far managed to do some of the track work but no scenery as of yet.

great news.

Need any help with info ect ect just PM me or add me to msn.

Really hard route, you have a great challange ahead of you especially leeds and the depots ( nevil hill, york and ardwick ( if thats what its called )

could i make a point of the route going to Manchester airport .

There is loads of posible routes on this route including

Nighttime york - man aip
Daytime york-man aip
Leeds-york local
leeds-huddersfield local
huddersfield-man vic ( as far as staylybridge )
Man pic - man air local
and fright

all we need now is a 185

Great news

P.S what the release date ? Only jokeing the longer the better in my view

thanks very much.

I'm all set with Google Earth, Ordinance Survey maps, online OS maps, photographs, signalling diagrams and track diagrams.

JsT, I'm not saying I'll knock this out in a few months...I am aware it will take so much time. I am not prepared to 'drop' this route like many route authors do.

I have great respect for you doing it in BVE.

adambro

As a regular on the North Transpennine Express route, it would be very cool to see some of it built. Good luck with your project. Looking forward to seeing Huddersfield as that is my local station.

LucaZone

All the best :)

Dont waste time on some project webpage or showing shots of barron landscape with track on it.

Remember - Terrain>Track>Signals>Roads>Scenery>Car Spawners! hehe

Ow and what track system you planning to you? You dont have to bow to pressure to use UKFS if you dont want to, use what ever system your comfortable with :)

Ok, so.. started work on Huddersfield this evening, as you will be able to tell by the screenshots there is an extreme lack of detail and a odd choice of images!

Bear with me for now, this is to just give you an idea...

Huddersfield Station overall, not all textures complete, and canopy needs adding
huddersfield-1.jpg

The infamous Head of Steam! you will notice that this is dying for some detail, but I'm going to see what it is like on the frame rates before I make the facade more 'fancy'
huddersfield1.jpg

A thing that spells out Huddersfield Station for me, the Caffe Ritazza located on the island platform, you can also see here the toilets and stairs, signal box just off the picture.
huddersfield2.jpg

Finally, the disabled persons walkway, I will need to add gates on the platforms.
huddersfield3.jpg

1D53

Established Member
Please don't be put off by this, it's a very rough outline..I'm waiting for Michael to add his magic touch to it, then it will look excellent!

To be honest with you I think it looks cracking!

Its testament that I looked at the first pic and exactly knew the angle of where it was taken!!

David

Established Member
Even a numpty like me could recognise the station, and I've only been there once....

Keep up the good work.

Thanks very much chaps.

I myself like a human touch to the route, eg as you drive into Manchester Piccadilly you can almost smell the Upper Crust!

Will have more screenshots when the station is placed and trackwork laid,

gimme a couple of years! :P

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Wow that looks very accurate! Leeds is going to be a big challenge though ;)

All the best :)

Dont waste time on some project webpage or showing shots of barron landscape with track on it.

Remember - Terrain>Track>Signals>Roads>Scenery>Car Spawners! hehe

Ow and what track system you planning to you? You dont have to bow to pressure to use UKFS if you dont want to, use what ever system your comfortable with :)

Apologies, didn't see your post there! I will be using UKFS

the only screenshots I will be providing now are when station + scenery are complete.

I will not be setting up a webpage.

'tis thanks to you I got my route DEMed

class 313

Established Member
Wow, nice work!

What track will you use for this route because I think track is a big part of the route.

Thanks Ben,

dont want to budge the District thread down but all track has been laid from Dewsbury to Ravensthorpe, I now have to tackle the junction where we see Mirfields 3 lines form.

I should have got to Huddersfield by christmas.

Huddersfields model is 80% complete
caqnopies2.jpg

So after all the worries of EB I've got my head down and cracked on...and produced this...(big big big big big big big thanks to TomNick for helping me along!)

huddersfield-2.jpg

1D53

Established Member
Never seen Hudders so empty of buildings :p

Looking superb!

Never seen Hudders so empty of buildings :p

Looking superb!

Hehe, me neither!

Just got to rip up the platforms to replace them with black ones now..I just hate the side 'pebble' textures on the black ones.

I'm going to put alot more time into this than EB will

Mintona

Established Member
Hate to say it mate, but I didn't recognize it from the screenshots. Don't get me wrong, it looks fabulous, it's just I've never been to Huddersfield ;)

You reckon you were talking to enough people on MSN back up the page there? :shock: :lol:

Things are going nicely Pete, I've recently had a break due to personal issues.
Will still soldier on however!

Status
Not open for further replies.