• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transpennine new livery slow roll out

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's been quite a while now since 185 108 and 185 123 recieved the new livery. It's strange we haven't seen any advances on this since these two were completed. For example, we haven't heard anything about the 350's reciving the new livery or if any 185's are booked in for one. Anyone know anything about this? It could be down to First being in absolute dire straits at this time with them slowly going into bankruptcy or is it something more and maybe the livery will be discontinued. If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

55z

Be very careful speculating that any company might be going bankrupt could see you in court if it is untrue. The 350's are sub leased from London Midland and will go back to LM when TPEXP get there new EMU's so it would be a waste of money to repaint/revinyl them. The policy of TPEXp & ARN is not to repaint/revinyl until they have been refurbished.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
So it's been quite a while now since 185 108 and 185 123 recieved the new livery.

After the new franchise launch it was widely reported that they were done for PR purposes only, and the rest of the fleet would not be done until the planned overhauls.

A perfectly normal situation.

The 350's are sub leased from London Midland ...

They most definitely are not subleased, and they never have been. Yes they were added onto an LM order, but the contract was legally 'novated' to TPE prior to delivery.

Last edited:
Be very careful speculating that any company might be going bankrupt could see you in court if it is untrue. The 350's are sub leased from London Midland and will go back to LM when TPEXP get there new EMU's so it would be a waste of money to repaint/revinyl them. The policy of TPEXp & ARN is not to repaint/revinyl until they have been refurbished.

Ah right, I wasn't aware of that rule. Also, I can't see why LM need anymore 350's and why they weren't just leased direct through TPE. They do have the 397's on the way and the 802's but I imagine that tpe could still find some use for the 350's on, for examle, the Liverpool to Edinburgh via Newcastle route and cut down on 397/802 orders as there's only 15mph difference. It still seems strange on why there's been no advance on the 185's re-livery scheme however. The spare 350's could probably kick even more 185's off as it'd save on unnecessary fuel on electrified routes.

gimmea50anyday

Established Member
So how do you propose the 350's will get from Miles Platting bank to Whiteball junction? 350's cant coast up hill and certainly not for 35 miles or so, Unless we make a diesel powerbank out of the 442's....

The 350s will be going to LM but we have never sub leased the 350s from LM. Refurb of the 185s is supposed to be starting imminently with the manchester pride unit suggested to be going first. It has already been posted many times on here what TPEs rolling stock plans entail. The only issue at the moment is GA are still using the pretendolino which is currently sub leased from TPE to GA but this is expecting to end shortly

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I think that's enough of this the question has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.