• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TransPennine Removes Via Option

Status
Not open for further replies.

embers25

Established Member
I see TPE have "upgraded" to the same type of booking site SWT used before they lost the franchise...ie without full webTIS functionality and more importantly without a "via" option. They have their price promise but that is only valid for TPE journeys as they know they overcharge for others. Be warned that they most definitely do not sell the cheapest tickets any more as to do that you nee the via option. I noticed last time I booked that they'd stopped selling my perfectly valid fare (via cheaper routing points) and instead were offering exactly the same trains on exactly the same route for 5 (yes 5) times the cost. Last time I book through them.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joe Paxton

Established Member
The old mixing deck is still available:

https://tickets.tpexpress.co.uk/tpe/en/journeyplanning/mixingdeck

Let's hope it doesn't get removed.

All of the Worldline (nee Atos) WebTIS sites still have the Mixing Deck available if you use the prefix "tickets." in the URL, as follows:

tickets.c2c-online.co.uk
tickets.gwr.com
tickets.hulltrains.co.uk
tickets.redspottedhanky.com
tickets.southwesternrailway.com
tickets.tpexpress.co.uk

I think I read a suggestion that c2c is going to move over to a booking engine based on that of its new parent, Trenitalia, so that would just leave Worldline WebTIS being used by the First Group TOCs, and by Worldline's in-house redspottedhanky site.

Like others on here I very much hope the Mixing Deck is going to stick around!

embers25

Established Member
Thanks both, didn't think of adding tickets! However the old mixing deck site does still overcharge for the ticket I buy most often, unless you find it on Nationalrail's awful site and link to TPE from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.