• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for London January 2018 Fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Mayoral Decision MD2189 has been published today, giving details of changes to TfL fares with effect from 2nd January 2018.

Summary:
  • Bus and Tram "Hopper" fare extended to allow unlimited changes within the one hour period
  • Tube and Bus & Tram fares frozen
  • NR only, "Mixed Mode" and Travelcard fares increased by, on average, 3.4%
Full details are linked from the decision page, but here are some key highlights:
  • Zone 1-2 Daily Cap increases from £6.60 to £6.80
  • Zone 1-6 Daily Cap increases from £12.00 to £12.50
  • Zone 1-4 Anytime Day and Zone 1-6 Off-Peak Day Travelcards increase from £12.30 to £12.70
  • Zone 1-2 Weekly Travelcard increases from £33.00 to £34.10 (Annual from £1320 to £1364)
  • Zone 1-9 Anytime Day Travelcard increases from £22.10 to £22.90 (Off-Peak from £13.10 to £13.60)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Be3G

Established Member
4.2% rise on the zone 1–6 cap. :( Central London is getting financially further and further away for those in suburban London who don't live next door to a TfL-operated rail/tube service.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Am I correct in my understanding that the "add-on" amounts used for manual construction of through fares to Underground zones (where none exist in the fares database) are also covered by the fares freeze and are staying the same? This doesn't seem to be covered in the document but perhaps TfL consider that non-public information, only meant for TOC pricing managers?

(I'm talking about e.g. Zone 1 & 1-2 add-on is £3.00, Zones 1-3 is £3.30, Zones 1-4 is £3.90 etc.)

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The general message seems to be that TfL-priced journeys would be frozen in price, so I would suspect a freeze on the add-on amount would be consistent with the policy.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Mayoral Decision MD2189 has been published today, giving details of changes to TfL fares with effect from 2nd January 2018.

Summary:
  • Bus and Tram "Hopper" fare extended to allow unlimited changes within the one hour period
Note that this item is not expected to happen on January 2nd, but at some stage during the first quarter of 2018.

Be3G

Established Member
Am I correct in my understanding that the "add-on" amounts used for manual construction of through fares to Underground zones (where none exist in the fares database) are also covered by the fares freeze and are staying the same? This doesn't seem to be covered in the document but perhaps TfL consider that non-public information, only meant for TOC pricing managers?

It's certainly hinted at in paragraph 1.21, page 5:

National Rail (NR) cash through fares in Zones 1—6 increase by 10p. Full details are set out in Table A2 in the Annex. These fares have two elements: an NR element which is increasing by 10p; and an LU element which is frozen.
Whilst the above discusses fares for travel wholly within the zones, I don't see why the LU element would be frozen for those tickets but not for tickets extending to other parts of the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.