Transport for London (TfL) Customer Service Assistant(CSA) and graduate schemes) 2013

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by a729, 2 Mar 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a729

a729 Member

2. Vicpaul

Vicpaul Member

I've got about 7 friends who have all cleared the telephone interview this week

3. a729

a729 Member

Can you ask them what questions they were asked?

4. telstarbox

telstarbox Established Member

5. Vicpaul

Vicpaul Member

The telephone interviewer asks you the same competency based questions that were in your application. Always handy to have a few examples for every competency though

6. Nym

Nym Established Member

It is indeed, I was asked the same set of compitencies to demonstrate three times in three different ways, is perticularly challenging for someone who hasn't worked much before, or been involved in working in groups or teams.

7. Vicpaul

Vicpaul Member

They used to be quite open to you using examples not relating to work, for example; your captain of a Sunday football team and through team work a good leadership skills you were successful in winning a prolific trophy for your division. (Obviously you would have to elaborated that and somewhat roll it in glitter)

8. Nym

Nym Established Member

When everything you've done that is even plausable is either for the MoD or ONS when working in a team you're a lil slim on examples you can use, I did most of mine from when I was agency working, or subject to the torture of working at Manchester Airport...

"Was you in any clubs or anything at uni?"
    "No, I was working."

9. a729

a729 Member

Thanks guys! I am probably stessing too much- I was glued to my phone for 2 weeks , then they just emailed me!

10. HYPODERMIC

HYPODERMIC Member

I'll certainly be be applying for the LU Management graduate scheme when I reach my third year. It's my dream job!

"Competencies" are my main concern at this stage; to put it simply, I've not got enough experience to draw from. From their perspective, I can totally understand why they focus in on these skillsets, and how useful it must be in distinguishing candidates.

Alas, from my perspective, competencies are a problem in need of a fairly urgent solution. I'm going to be trying to quickly build up as much volunteering and customer service to try and give myself more material and experience to work with.

11. Nym

Nym Established Member

You can draw on experience from your course at uni, what is it you're doing?

12. a729

a729 Member

If you live in London, you could try to join the TfL youth panel or the BTP youth board

13. HYPODERMIC

HYPODERMIC Member

Unfortunately, I'm up in Manchester.

Politics. My academic experiences haven't given me much material - I've been working until midnight every day for the past two months, so I haven't found time for university societies.

But that said, I do volunteer as an event organiser, and as a booking office clerk. If I don't get on a summer internship, I'll volunteer with Manchester International Festival too.

So I'm not a completely blank slate; I can definitely give a decent array of experiences for some of the competencies - it's just that there's a stubborn few - particularly when they ask how I've handled dangerous scenarios, or angry customers, or have "delivered excellent customer service" - where I'm still adrift.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.