• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport For Wales Livery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Paul Dancey

The decorators were in at Cardiff central tonight, repainting the booking Hall and subway. I wonder if they intend extending the work to the platforms and introducing a transport for Wales colour scheme?

tomwills98

The decorators were in at Cardiff central tonight, repainting the booking Hall and subway. I wonder if they intend extending the work to the platforms and introducing a transport for Wales colour scheme?

They'll move on to the platforms eventually, all stations are being painted into TfW colours. Surprised they didn't start with Cardiff but nice to see we're eventually doing it.

tomos dafis

(edit) 150254 Arriva Refurbished Turquoise & PRM 5/19, [SIZE=
[COLOR=#000000](edit)
158827 TfW Rail W&B Livery 10/19, ATW refurb interior 8/11 & PRM 10/19

Multiple units arriving in 2019:

(new) 5x Class 153 Super Sprinter 1-car (Leyland 1987-88, Hunslet-Barclay 1991-92)
(new) 153306 Greater Anglia
(new) 153309 Greater Anglia
(new) 153314 Greater Anglia
(new) 153322 Greater Anglia
(new) 153335 Greater Anglia

(edit) 170272 Greater Anglia & PRM (debranded and delivered to Cardiff Canton depot on 23/9/19)
Thanks for all the posts guys :)

I'm thinking of keeping an offline version of the list (or I might make it online on what was my blog website) as more and more updates that I can no longer put on the one on page 1 of this thread are building up:

Current multiple units leaving in 2023:

(edit) 150254 Arriva Refurbished Turquoise & PRM 5/19, WSP fitted

(edit) 158827 TfW Rail W&B Livery 10/19, ATW refurb interior 8/11 & PRM 10/19

Multiple units arriving in 2019:

(new) 5x Class 153 Super Sprinter 1-car (Leyland 1987-88, Hunslet-Barclay 1991-92)
(new) 153306 Greater Anglia
(new) 153309 Greater Anglia
(new) 153314 Greater Anglia
(new) 153322 Greater Anglia
(new) 153335 Greater Anglia

(edit) 170272 Greater Anglia & PRM (debranded and delivered to Cardiff Canton depot on 23/9/19)
Thanks anamyd for all your efforts to keep this list up to date. I too am now keeping my own offline list. Hope you can keep posting updates as you have done here - very useful and very much appreciated. Thanks again,

Rhydgaled

Established Member
What exactly were they painting and what colour? Most of the subway and booking hall are bare stone/tiles aren't they (unless you mean the newish southern booking hall and the disabled-access subway with lifts)?

It’s 67001/2/3/8/17/25 apparently coming to TFW...
7 locos seems rather alot for only three sets of coaches. I assumed that the recent announcement that mark 4s would go on North Wales - Manchester services meant the current mark 3 set would be replaced by a mark 4 set (with the mark 3 set moving to Holyhead-Cardiffs) but if they're really going for 7 locos maybe they are planning two North Wales - Manchester mark 4 diagrams plus the two mark 3 diagrams on Holyhead-Cardiff making four diagrams requiring locos and thus maybe 2 spare locos for a total of 6. Still don't see the need for 7 unless the mark 4s are initially going to need to be top+tailed.

hobbm013

I agree that 7 does seem a lot but guess we don’t know what their plans are for certain. Also, as the 67s need mods in order to work with the Mk4s I guess it’s better to have several modded up available in the event there’s multiple failures. Better to have several modded up rather than having to cancel services cause there’s not a modded 67 available

On Moderation
7 locos seems rather alot for only three sets of coaches. I assumed that the recent announcement that mark 4s would go on North Wales - Manchester services meant the current mark 3 set would be replaced by a mark 4 set (with the mark 3 set moving to Holyhead-Cardiffs) but if they're really going for 7 locos maybe they are planning two North Wales - Manchester mark 4 diagrams plus the two mark 3 diagrams on Holyhead-Cardiff making four diagrams requiring locos and thus maybe 2 spare locos for a total of 6. Still don't see the need for 7 unless the mark 4s are initially going to need to be top+tailed.
Or that they are getting more Mark 4 sets.

What exactly were they painting and what colour? Most of the subway and booking hall are bare stone/tiles aren't they (unless you mean the newish southern booking hall and the disabled-access subway with lifts

Just refreshing the main booking hall so far, same colours only the *really* observant will even notice it’s been painted.

Rhydgaled

Established Member
Or that they are getting more Mark 4 sets.
Or that, yes. The 6-loco scenario I mentioned (two mark 4 sets in north Wales and two mark 3 sets on Holyhead-Cardiff) would in theory involve additional mark 4 sets eventually since the mark 3s would need replacing eventually and three mark 4 sets to cover 4 diagrams simply isn't going to work. Unless of course they still plan to remove LHCS from Manchester as soon as they can run mark 4s on the Cardiff route.

Just refreshing the main booking hall so far, same colours only the *really* observant will even notice it’s been painted.
Thanks, glad to hear they're not ruining the look of the grade 2 listed building by splashing bright red paint everywhere.

anamyd

On Moderation
Thanks anamyd for all your efforts to keep this list up to date. I too am now keeping my own offline list. Hope you can keep posting updates as you have done here - very useful and very much appreciated. Thanks again,
No worries! I think now I can no longer edit it myself, I'll soon be putting a full up-to-date list up on what was my blog site. I plan to do this within the next few days.

Last edited:

anamyd

On Moderation
Does anyone know if there are plans to put any 150s into TfW livery...? I appreciate that PRM and WSP mods are more important but just wondering

6Gtraincrew

Does anyone know if there are plans to put any 150s into TfW livery...? I appreciate that PRM and WSP mods are more important but just wondering

The 150's and 158's are all planned to have both internal and external tfw branding and refurbishment.

anamyd

On Moderation
The 150's and 158's are all planned to have both internal and external tfw branding and refurbishment.
Thanks, I even knew that :lol: I guess I forgot and just found it odd that every TfW 150/2 is still dark turquoise :p

anamyd

On Moderation
Did another 175 come back from Widnes to Cardiff yesterday (Saturday the 5th) in addition to 153325 from Long Marston...? I was at Central for the latter but could've sworn that I saw the former in the distance

hobbm013

Did another 175 come back from Widnes to Cardiff yesterday (Saturday the 5th) in addition to 153325 from Long Marston...? I was at Central for the latter but could've sworn that I saw the former in the distance
175s go to Chester don’t they?

sd0733

Established Member
175002 arrived not long after the 153 left as the 1504 to Milford Haven so could have been that

hobbm013

Alstom Chester is their own depot, but the refurbishment is being carried out at Alstom's new Widnes facility from what I understand
Yes but what I’m saying is They go from Alstom Chester to Alstom Widnes and vice versa

6Gtraincrew

The move to and from Widnes was cancelled for Friday. I'm guessing there must be a lot of corrosion work to do on 175001 as it's been in since 27th August. The previous unit only took about three weeks.

anamyd

On Moderation
Does anyone have any photos of the refurbished 153?
There was a guy there taking photos; I won't name him in case I got the wrong person, but will keep checking his Flickr in case it was him. The closest thing I know of to photos is my video:

Chiltern006

Am hoping to get on a TfW Liveried 158 next month, how many are done within 1 month? Also what's in now?

Status
Not open for further replies.