• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport For Wales Livery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

anamyd

On Moderation
Oh right yeah :) I've seen 107 and 003 in person and I think they both look good, both up close and at a distance! Has 004 been done or not...? A bit confused!

sw1ller

Established Member
Oh right yeah :) I've seen 107 and 003 in person and I think they both look good, both up close and at a distance! Has 004 been done or not...? A bit confused!

Still in the old colours.

krus_aragon

Established Member

There's an echo in here, Gareth! :D

Wales247 have some footage of 175003 getting reliveried at Chester (note the opening footage shows 175102 going in).

https://wales247.co.uk/watch-the-tr...as-the-transport-for-wales-fleet-takes-shape/

I noted that while the white and red livery was applied as a vinyl, the yellow front was painted on.

The attached article says it was done as a "continuous day and night-time shifts over a single weekend", which suggests the expected rate of progress is one a week.

anamyd

On Moderation
Still just those two
Thanks :) Saw 158-835 in ex-ATW rememberance poppy "livery" earlier (2130 Aber-Mach):
2wg5bae.jpg

AlexNL

Established Member
To simplify it further, the design for the TfW Rail livery (regardless of the operator) has been mandated by TfW themselves within the Senedd (Welsh Assembly), in a similar fashion to the ScotRail Saltire livery being mandated by Transport Scotland within Holyrood (Scottish Parliament).
The design used by Transport for Wales builds upon the work done by Smörgåsbord for Visit Wales in 2015.

This is the Visit Wales colour palette, maybe we'll see some of those colours reappear in Transport for Wales outings in the future:
3PVjY41.png

whhistle

On Moderation
Shame they didn't go for a more muted grey tone instead of white. Picture from Rail Staff 252.

Attachments

• IMG_20181116_104254.jpg
    IMG_20181116_104254.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 230

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Silver would probably look good, but it isn't the current trend so might look a bit dated. The VTWC livery seemed timeless, but then the newly done Voyager (which carries the full livery rather than the cut-down version insisted on for the Pendolinos) really does make the silver based livery look early-2000s.

Philip

On Moderation
Thanks, makes sense. Interestingly, if not already reported, a 175 made a return trip to Liverpool Lime Street on Sunday; it left Chester just before 12 and arrived in Liverpool at 12:40. It went via the Halton Curve and was for crew-training purposes. Any pictures?

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
175107 one of the two (afaik) rebranded Coradia's caught on fire this morning. So that might not be seen for a bit. Hope they refurb the inside while they fix it. Wishful thinking I know.

paddyb6

175107 one of the two (afaik) rebranded Coradia's caught on fire this morning. So that might not be seen for a bit. Hope they refurb the inside while they fix it. Wishful thinking I know.

Yeah, 107 caught fire between Hereford and Abergavenny this morning (10:45)
2Z99 was sent for a rescue (presumably) from Cardiff

anamyd

On Moderation
Yeah, 107 caught fire between Hereford and Abergavenny this morning (10:45)
2Z99 was sent for a rescue (presumably) from Cardiff
Uh oh! On another note, 158-822 and 158-826 (two of the PRM modified TfW 158s) are in the process of going into TfW livery according to Livery Changes, page 32, RAIL magazine issue 872, so look out for them! They should look a bit like my avatar :D

Uh oh! On another note, 158-822 and 158-826 (two of the PRM modified TfW 158s) are in the process of going into TfW livery according to Livery Changes, page 32, RAIL magazine issue 872, so look out for them! They should look a bit like my avatar :D
Was wondering how long that would take will be nice to see some more in the new livery. I'm quite a fan of it. Minus the burn marks that is. That train delayed my journey by over 5 hours... I was on the North bound one that had to backtrack to Abergavenny.

Last edited:

anamyd

On Moderation
Was wondering how long that would take will be nice to see some more in the new livery. I'm quite a fan of it. Minus the burn marks that is. That train delayed my journey by over 5 hours... I was on the North bound one that had to backtrack to Abergavenny.
Sorry to hear that. Would be good to have Andy25 (the Alstom employee) posting again, it was good to have his recent input on the way the Alstom fleets are being maintained and their design and the company's cost cutting exercises around the time they were initially built and changes to the specs of the original orders to save money.

CambrianCoast

I’ll keep my eyes peeled for the newly re-liveried 158s and try and get a snap if they’re about.

craigybagel

Established Member
I’ll keep my eyes peeled for the newly re-liveried 158s and try and get a snap if they’re about.

822 was out and about today (it's spending the night at Machynlleth) so I suspect the info was wrong and it's not been stopped for repainting yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.