• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport For Wales Livery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sd0733

Established Member
158831 now back out in full Tfw livery and fully refurbished interior.

sd0733

Established Member
175004 heading back from Widnes tonight on 3D75 with 175008 pencilled in for heading to Widnes.
Will leave no ATW livery 175/0s and just 003 unrefurbished.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Just a gentle reminder this thread is about the TfW livery

If anyone wishes to discuss refurbishments, feel free to create a new thread (if there isn't one already). Thanks :)

sd0733

Established Member
153369 is now back out in service it's in TFW livery but iss unbranded.

hobbm013

‪150229, 150254, 150255, 150264, 153367 and 153361‬ have all had Rainbows added to their liveries to recognise key workers. TFW Twitter suggests more units will also feature this but these are the ones confirmed so far

Last edited:

sd0733

Established Member
158820 being released tonight out of repaint/refurb with 158835 finishing at Crewe tonight so should be next in leaving 158819 as the last Arriva livery 158.

JakeMurphy

I ca confirm that 175008 is back from Widnes. Spotted this afternoon at Chester Depot on daily exercise , not sure who’s gone though

6Gtraincrew

003 hasn't been allocated to anything since Thursday, so it must have gone in. Guess it will have its wrap taken off and be painted properly as well as having the internal refurb.

Cardiff123

Established Member
Presumably the 150s will be next for re-livery and interior refurbs. Although with the 769s still hopelessly delayed and Pacers still reluctantly limping on, and with the need for commuter train lengths to be maximised when services start to resume normal timetables in the coming weeks, I wonder if TfW should just postpone re-liverying the 150s?
TfW branding stickers could easily be stuck on over the existing livery as was done with the Mk 3's and ATW refreshed the interiors to a decent standard for most of the 150s before they left.

Presumably the 150s will be next for re-livery and interior refurbs. Although with the 769s still hopelessly delayed and Pacers still reluctantly limping on, and with the need for commuter train lengths to be maximised when services start to resume normal timetables in the coming weeks, I wonder if TfW should just postpone re-liverying the 150s?
TfW branding stickers could easily be stuck on over the existing livery as was done with the Mk 3's and ATW refreshed the interiors to a decent standard for most of the 150s before they left.
I assumed they're weren't getting it done because we haven't seen any with a new livery (not even a wrap) and they'd probably be finished as they're due to be replaced.

Cardiff123

Established Member
I assumed they're weren't getting it done because we haven't seen any with a new livery (not even a wrap) and they'd probably be finished as they're due to be replaced.
That's unlikely, the 150s are going to be the last of the legacy ATW fleet to leave TfW. The 150s will be around until at least late 2023 or until the new Stadler Flirts are in service in South Wales, and on the Rhymney line this depends in part on electrification being completed.

PHILIPE

Veteran Member
The 150s have been delayed due to the urgency to complete the PRM compliancy as a priority. Perhaps they will be done at a later stage.

craigybagel

Established Member
There is a plan for the 150s to be repainted, and also have a small internal refresh (over and above what was done for the PRM works). I've seen computer drawings of the plans. But the project is running late and I don't know when it is currently expected to be started.

On Moderation
There is a plan for the 150s to be repainted, and also have a small internal refresh (over and above what was done for the PRM works). I've seen computer drawings of the plans. But the project is running late and I don't know when it is currently expected to be started.
What a fabulous advert those 150s are for the utterly inept government in Cardiff and their utter incompetence. First they go through a scheduled C6 overhaul and repaint whilst TfW sits on its hands about PRM. Then the whole fleet has to be called back in for the PRM work, at additional cost and additional fleet downtime. Now they're going back in for a repaint and interior work they don't need on a fleet that is being replaced. What a superb exercise in squandering money.

Status
Not open for further replies.