Transport for Wales not advertising its own services

Discussion in 'Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables' started by supervalkoinen, 10 Sep 2019.

1. supervalkoinen

supervalkoinen Member

I'm intrigued that on the printed timetables at Chester TFW do not advertise the fact that their Halton Curve services call at Runcorn and Liverpool South Parkway, despite showing them to Frodsham and Lime St.

Che-Frod.jpg Che-Liv.jpg Che-Run.jpg

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. PHILIPE

PHILIPE Established Member

Have you pointed it out to TFW ?

4. BrianB

BrianB Member

That will be because someone forgot to add those new destinations to the list of destinations served in the program that creates these posters. Frodsham and Liverpool Lime Street will have always been there, so the data extraction simply spews out more trains than before but new destinations have to be added in order to spew out data in the first place. I suspect you wont find Leeds on there either...

5. sd0733

sd0733 Established Member

They dont actually advertise them on these posters at Frodsham either after remembering this thread when stood by them! 15681909164291059060592290337997.jpg

(b= change at Chester)

6. BrianB

BrianB Member

that appears to be forcing all journeys to be routed via Chester. This is what I would produce for Frodsham to Lime St on current data

Attached Files:

7. Bletchleyite

Bletchleyite Veteran Member

I wonder how many people actually refer to those posters these days rather than the PIS or their mobile phone. Is there actually any point in them any more? Would it be better for the TVM to include planner functionality as a replacement?

Oh, what does "par/con" mean?

8. jawr256

jawr256 Member

Looks like "con" is "continued [from previous column]" and "par" is the Welsh equivalent?

9. PHILIPE

PHILIPE Established Member

Looks as that assumption is correct. The Welsh for continue is "parhau"

10. splashoutradio

splashoutradio Member

Just a theory, but on many timetabling systems, the overground and underground stations at Lime Street use different TIPLOC codes and are treated as two separate locations. It may just be that no one at TfW has gotten round to adding the new TIPLOC as a destination.

Unfortunately, if the Eisteddfod is anything to go by, it appears that TfW might not be so hot at providing up to date and accurate timetabling.

11. Bletchleyite

Bletchleyite Veteran Member

Cheers both.

12. StarCrossing

StarCrossing Member

I used one about a week ago. I don't have a smart phone, I was running ahead of my itinerary, and I was travelling on a route where the next departing train wouldn't necessarily be the one that got me to my destination the earliest. It was really handy having the posters on the platform. I confess that I don't use them often though.