• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales Rail services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon79

Does anyone on here work for transport for Wales? I've just got a job with these just wanted some insight if anyone works for them.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Saxon79

Revenue Response Officer. It's a brand new role, it's a supervisory position.

chmt

Congrats. I don't work there but unsuccessfuly applied for a Trainee train driver Cardiff recently.

Sounded like the place to work in South Wales going forward and plenty of opportunities.

Saxon79

Loads of opportunities including training to be a train driver. I'm going to be earning around £2500 a year more than my current job and be working 4 hours a week less. I'm really happy with that.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Unless policy has changed, being internal at TfW doesn't necessarily benefit you applying for train driving. They've got an awful reputation for holding people back and giving jobs to externals because it looks better politically in some locations.

Saxon79

I haven't gone for the job to get on as a train driver anyway. If the opportunity arose in the future I would try for it but if not that is fine as well. It's going to be better than what I'm doing now. Plus I'm relocating to North Wales so the job is a God send.

craigybagel

Established Member
There's a fair few TfW staff here - what info are you after? Congratulations anyway!

Saxon79

Thanks. Are they a good company to work for? What is the situation with working Sundays are they optional? Is it a 4 day working week? What is the employee and employer pension contributions? Any answers to these questions would be appreciated.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
4day week will be role dependant rather than company. Only train crew work a 4day week. Depot staff work an XonXoff pattern. If the revenue job is clerical or management grade it'll likely be 35-37hrs over 5days

Saxon79

It is 35 hours. The job will is Revenue Response Officer. Running a new team of revenue protection staff.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Than it'll (probably) be management grade and it'll be a 5day week

Saxon79

I've no problem with that I regularly do 7 days without a day off in my current role. Some 11 and 12 hour shifts. So 35 hours over 5 days is excellent for me.

Jcboi84

Hi

Ive got a interview for revenue response officer in cardiff this coming monday , whats the interview like ? Any tips ? An what was the salary , congrats by the way im on the trollys for gwr been looming to get off them now as its been 6 years and i thought id be somewhere else by now on railway ,it does say driving license desirable i dont drive also was that brought up in interview ?

Saxon79

A lot of the questions where about challenging situations. I'm a Prison Officer so the interviewer was apologetic for even asking me. There was a question regarding improving yourself at work. They will ask you how you get to work. Don't be general be specific. Be sure to articulate well as it will show communication skills. They told me that I would work at a variety of stations so that's why driving is desirable. The salary is £27500 for 35 hours.

Jcboi84

Cheers , shocked then with the driving as my application says i dont drive but still got a interview, how long was u in there for ? A hour ?

Saxon79

About 45 minutes. I do talk quite a bit though. Both the ladies who interviewed me where from Cardiff. I'm going to be working North Wales. My start date is 17th February and I have to come to Cardiff for 3 days to begin training.

Jcboi84

Cheers for the reply an all the best , driving parts pu me off now pointless going if thats the case i think

Saxon79

It's not essential. Also if you live in Cardiff you may not travel to other stations because I assume Cardiff is quite a large station. The one's I will work at are small.

Saxon79

Has anyone else on here got a job with Transport for Wales or anyone due to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.