• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales trainee conductor Cardiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

acjthornhill

Hopefully they will do more interviews before the verification stage. They haven’t given any dates for that yet just said they are waiting on government guidelines.
I did the skype interview beginning of June and have been emailed to say I'm in the talent pool... it also says this on the track application thing online. Does anyone know what's happening with the training etc? Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jamie Price

I did the skype interview beginning of June and have been emailed to say I'm in the talent pool... it also says this on the track application thing online. Does anyone know what's happening with the training etc? Thanks
Congratulations for getting this far mate! Hopefully you won't have too long to wait. Trainees are currently furloughed but they are looking into ways to get people back in the school. The issue would likely be the delay in getting new trainees into the school, as the current trainees have been pushed back 3 months! Hopefully the government advice from July 4th will help matters. Fingers crossed for you mate.

acjthornhill

Congratulations for getting this far mate! Hopefully you won't have too long to wait. Trainees are currently furloughed but they are looking into ways to get people back in the school. The issue would likely be the delay in getting new trainees into the school, as the current trainees have been pushed back 3 months! Hopefully the government advice from July 4th will help matters. Fingers crossed for you mate.
Thanks Jamie, I appreciate you getting back to me. Yes we'll see what's said in the next Wales gov update.

acjthornhill

Congratulations. Did you do the SCAAT verification before the interview?
Yes. The process was the online scaat then had to go to st Patricks house for the written scaat. The interview date was set for March but got cancelled the day before due to covid and then it was rescheduled to be conducted via Skype at the end of May/beginning June. I then had an email a couple of weeks later to say I'd been successful in the interview and that I'm in a talent pool.

Samfa

Yes. The process was the online scaat then had to go to st Patricks house for the written scaat. The interview date was set for March but got cancelled the day before due to covid and then it was rescheduled to be conducted via Skype at the end of May/beginning June. I then had an email a couple of weeks later to say I'd been successful in the interview and that I'm in a talent pool.

My verification was postponed due to current circumstances, I’ve had my interview via Skype and had an email to say I was successful at that stage and will be invited to verify my tests when government guidelines enable this. What was the verification process like? Any indication of what to expect would be great

acjthornhill

My verification was postponed due to current circumstances, I’ve had my interview via Skype and had an email to say I was successful at that stage and will be invited to verify my tests when government guidelines enable this. What was the verification process like? Any indication of what to expect would be great
From what I remember it was like the online one but on paper but longer than the online one. You can print out practice papers which is what I did before doing the online ones. They helped

Samfa

From what I remember it was like the online one but on paper but longer than the online one. You can print out practice papers which is what I did before doing the online ones. They helped
Thankyou. That’s a great help I’ve been practising ones with symbols instead of letters. I’m just hoping the wait won’t be too long

Samfa

Has anyone heard anything regarding the SCAAT verification yet and a potential time frame?

Samfa

Did anyone attended the scaat verification on the 15th
I was successfully put in to the talent Pool after attending

Masterk

Did anyone attended the scaat verification on the 15th
I was successfully put in to the talent Pool after attending
Congratulations! I attended the one on the 17th and was successful also. We should hopefully hear about course start dates soon.

Samfa

Congratulations hopefully won’t be long. They did say they were hopeful a course will be towards the end of this year /beginning of next.

acjthornhill

Congratulations hopefully won’t be long. They did say they were hopeful a course will be towards the end of this year /beginning of next.
Aww well done!!! I'm from the recruitment drive at the start of the year and have had a date for medical in October. Have you had the medical yet?

mstrwvr

Congratulations! I attended the one on the 17th and was successful also. We should hopefully hear about course start dates soon.

Morning. I've got my scaat verification for Chester tomorrow. Can I ask what the format was like? Was it the same as the online version, but longer? Letters and numbers, or symbols as well? Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Apologies, I see this has been answered further up the thread.

Last edited:

Samfa

Aww well done!!! I'm from the recruitment drive at the start of the year and have had a date for medical in October. Have you had the medical yet?
Also from the same recruitment drive. I haven’t heard anything yet

The email saying I was successful did say they were hopeful a course would be available towards the end of this year/beginning of next and HR would be in touch to arrange a medical. Did u receive this via email or post?

Masterk

Morning. I've got my scaat verification for Chester tomorrow. Can I ask what the format was like? Was it the same as the online version, but longer? Letters and numbers, or symbols as well? Thanks for your help.
Ah well done that's great news! Yes exactly the same format as the online test just a little longer. Mine was all symbols, more than less than arrows, up and down arrows, things like that. Best of luck

mstrwvr

Ah well done that's great news! Yes exactly the same format as the online test just a little longer. Mine was all symbols, more than less than arrows, up and down arrows, things like that. Best of luck

Thanks for the response. That's a bit of a worry, in practise I find I'm quite a bit slower on symbols than numbers and letters, not sure why. I was so relieved when the min-scaat was just letters. Oh well, we'll see what happens...

Masterk

Thanks for the response. That's a bit of a worry, in practise I find I'm quite a bit slower on symbols than numbers and letters, not sure why. I was so relieved when the min-scaat was just letters. Oh well, we'll see what happens...
Try not to worry, I was also slower on those compared to the numbers and letter one. What tests are you practicing? I was doing the opc ones and I personally found that the symbol test on there is a lot harder than my verification test.

mstrwvr

Try not to worry, I was also slower on those compared to the numbers and letter one. What tests are you practicing? I was doing the opc ones and I personally found that the symbol test on there is a lot harder than my verification test.

I'm doing a mixture of the OPC ones and the scaat tests you can generate from the Bourdon tool here on the forum. The symbols option on the OPC one is VERY hard, mixing ( )[ ] (( )) | \ { and } in quite small print! I'm slightly wary of the OPC ones as you only get three tests, so I worry that by doing them over and over I'll start to recognise the tests rather than actively getting better. The ones from the Bourdon tool look quite a bit different, but they do generate a completely different test each time you print them off.

RedRobin

Things have been slow due to covid but the 2 courses are back so things are on the up. The talent pool won't be long starting at least one course this year I believe. 2021 will have courses every 1/2 months

acjthornhill

The email saying I was successful did say they were hopeful a course would be available towards the end of this year/beginning of next and HR would be in touch to arrange a medical. Did u receive this via email or post?
It was a phone call from a mobile number. He said he's got lots of dates available for medicals. Im supposed to receive an email and letter with all the details of it soon. I think I spoke to him last Thursday

Samfa

It was a phone call from a mobile number. He said he's got lots of dates available for medicals. Im supposed to receive an email and letter with all the details of it soon. I think I spoke to him last Thursday
That’s good news. Hopefully will see you along the way. I’m really excited to start the journey

acjthornhill

Things have been slow due to covid but the 2 courses are back so things are on the up. The talent pool won't be long starting at least one course this year I believe. 2021 will have courses every 1/2 months
That's great news. Thanks for letting us know

That’s good news. Hopefully will see you along the way. I’m really excited to start the journey
Yeah. I wonder if we were in the same scaat test? I can't wait either

JCD

I have my medical in October :)
Nice! I also was successful after the SCAAT test on 15/09. Waiting to hear about medical and course start date, did they ring or email you to arrange the medical? Fingers crossed it won't be long before I hear something back.

acjthornhill

Nice! I also was successful after the SCAAT test on 15/09. Waiting to hear about medical and course start date, did they ring or email you to arrange the medical? Fingers crossed it won't be long before I hear something back.
They phoned off a mobile number

Samfa

I had an email, they said they will be in touch again with details. The email I received was just a choice of 2 dates, no details of where the medical will take place

Status
Not open for further replies.