• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales trainee conductor Cardiff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Masterk

I've been in contact with Samantha but she couldn't give me a date for my medical as of yet. Can't see it being before February now what with the latest lockdown. Happy days you've had yours tho! All good?

acjthornhill

Yeah it was fine. He said I'd passed it and there was nothing to worry about. They will hopefully still do the medicals though surely.

JCD

Good luck to everyone starting tomorrow! I had my medical on the 14th of December, Sam said all being well they would hopefully be in contact early Jan and be able to give info on likely course dates..so fingers crossed for more updates for the rest of us soon!

acjthornhill

Good luck to everyone starting tomorrow! I had my medical on the 14th of December, Sam said all being well they would hopefully be in contact early Jan and be able to give info on likely course dates..so fingers crossed for more updates for the rest of us soon!
Let us know if you hear anything. I emailed Sam Tuesday but am yet to hear anything.

Digbyrail

Congratulations for getting this far mate! Hopefully you won't have too long to wait. Trainees are currently furloughed but they are looking into ways to get people back in the school. The issue would likely be the delay in getting new trainees into the school, as the current trainees have been pushed back 3 months! Hopefully the government advice from July 4th will help matters. Fingers crossed for you mate.
@Jamie Price
Congratulations for getting this far mate! Hopefully you won't have too long to wait. Trainees are currently furloughed but they are looking into ways to get people back in the school. The issue would likely be the delay in getting new trainees into the school, as the current trainees have been pushed back 3 months! Hopefully the government advice from July 4th will help matters. Fingers crossed for you mate.
@Jamie Price I hope you are well, I hope you don’t mind me trying to contact yourself. Are you still based at Chester? Would you mind if I asked for some advice?

Jacob Didcote

Morning All,

As TfW are recruiting more trainee conductors, it made me wonder, what is the hearing test like? I did a hearing test for the RAF a couple years back and it was silent noise with beeps ranging in frequencies. Is it like this?

Thanks,
Jake

Samhill66

I’ve applied for the Carmarthen depot as a trainee conductor but how long is the process? I’m currently in my second year studying business at uni so would it take a while after acceptance to be on a course?

Jacob Didcote

I’ve applied for the Carmarthen depot as a trainee conductor but how long is the process? I’m currently in my second year studying business at uni so would it take a while after acceptance to be on a course?
I applied for Cardiff, Treherbert and Rhymney as a trainee conductor. They are filtering through everyone from the Monday that just passed to mid-April. Then the process continues. Might find that if you're successful you might get put in a talent pool. They've got a backlog of people as they are awaiting instructors etc.

Rj89

Maybe they did ask in the interview. It’s all a blur I was so nervous. I don’t really kind where I work from. I have already received my contract which says Cardiff mainline
Hi samfa I recently done a interview and was nervous did you struggle on any of the questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.