• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales trainee driver's Holyhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Interestingly this does not show via TfW own vacancies page - anyone who wants to progress via the links can you actually get to the application details?

Dyfed Jones

Welcome . As an aside , I'm not even going to try and pronounce the place you just said you live.
That’s just a shorten version lol, you a driver out of Holyhead? Very short window for applications too.

craigybagel

Established Member
£28,773 ? hope that's the training wage
It is. Once you drive your first train by yourself it goes up to 90% of the full salary, currently ~£47,000, and then after a further 2 years it goes to the full 100%, currently ~£52,000.

Driver12

Anyone waiting to hear back from the latest recruitment of trainee train drivers at Holyhead? Still at the shortlisting stage as far as I'm aware. Just waiting out...

Paddygee

I didn't see anything on TFW website, instead the recruiting was done with Acorn..? Is this right..?

Plodster

Acorn ran the big drive last year
There was a very short application window by TFW for Holyhead a few weeks ago
It closed early
I was at stage 1 assessment the other week and heard it closed after 60 applications

It looks like those shortlisted are being contacted by TFW for assessments

I had an e mail out of the blue 3 weeks or so back with a weeks notice for stage 1
Going to Cardiff tomorrow for Stage 2

Things are now starting to move for people and as many say across the forum - If you haven’t had the “no thanks” you are probably still in the mix
Good luck all

Status
Not open for further replies.