• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales - Trainee Train Drivers

Jim2019

Hey Jim
When did you submit your application if you don’t mind me asking? Trying to get an idea of where they are up to as currently I just receive the fortnightly updates that my application is still under review, Thanks.

I applied middle of July.

Cheers

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Leavesontrack

I applied middle of July.

Cheers

So did I.

Used to get updates but none for a month or so now

Its interesting to see how far along all are, trying to figure out if its this current campaign, previous one... location..

There seems to be loads of people getting into the talent pool this time..

Last edited:

jessica1306

Hi, I applied mid-July and received only a couple of updates before getting the NI email. It’s been just under 4 weeks since that, but from what I’ve seen on here that’s not an out of the ordinary waiting time. Everyone has been progressing differently even in similar TOCs or recruitment drives so I’ve just accepted it on an individual basis!

Tomo22

Hi,
I submitted my application on the 6th August for Crewe & Chester. I have been getting emails to say my application is still under review, the last one I received was a couple of weeks ago now.
Just interested to see if anyone else that applied to Crewe & Chester have had any further response?
Many thanks

BrokenSam

Hi,
I submitted my application on the 6th August for Crewe & Chester. I have been getting emails to say my application is still under review, the last one I received was a couple of weeks ago now.
Just interested to see if anyone else that applied to Crewe & Chester have had any further response?
Many thanks
Same boat mate. Lots have heard back internally saying they have failed a while back. I put my app in on first day of campaign and got the same update two weeks ago.

Lm2020

I’m another in the same boat, Applied mid August for Crewe and Chester, Just get the emails every now and then saying application still under review, The last one was almost 3 weeks ago, I know someone who applied and got rejected after only a few days so I reckon no news is good news but we will see.

CPFC#1

I got an email nearly a month ago from TFW asking for my NI number. After i sent her it, she emailed back asking if I can make an assessment date. By the time I emailed her back (only 4 hours after), she told me all slots were full and will be looking to book more assessments over the next few weeks. That was the last I heard from them and that was about 4 weeks ago

BrokenSam

I got an email nearly a month ago from TFW asking for my NI number. After i sent her it, she emailed back asking if I can make an assessment date. By the time I emailed her back (only 4 hours after), she told me all slots were full and will be looking to book more assessments over the next few weeks. That was the last I heard from them and that was about 4 weeks ago
What location was this for if you don't mind me asking?

Plodster

Same here
Regular ‘under review’ mails from Acorn
Applied for Pwllheli Holyhead and Llandudno Junction
Cardiff Chester Crewe and Shrewsbury seem to be moving along
Don’t think anyone has mentioned the other depots

I emailed them and they said it would be a few weeks last Tuesday. I am now hearing on here people have been told they have assessments they just do not know when they will be so I am guessing over the next couple of weeks they will be making final decisions. Best thing to do practice the tests under pressure if you can.

Welsh lady

Hi guys found out today passed the MMI and computer tests. Super nervous for the DMI.. anyone else due to do theirs this month for Cardiff depot?

Carli

Hi guys found out today passed the MMI and computer tests. Super nervous for the DMI.. anyone else due to do theirs this month for Cardiff depot?
Well done! Yes I’m awaiting my DMI for Cardiff, I’ve had an email saying it’ll be online W/C 2nd November and they will let me know a date and time soon :)

Welsh lady

Well done! Yes I’m awaiting my DMI for Cardiff, I’ve had an email saying it’ll be online W/C 2nd November and they will let me know a date and time soon :)
Me too! So exciting! How did you feel about the MMI? I really felt like I fluffed it. Mind just went so blank!

Ps well done to you too

Leemini

Congratulations. I'm waiting to here when my DmI is. Can I ask when you did your computer assessment and mmi?

Carli

Me too! So exciting! How did you feel about the MMI? I really felt like I fluffed it. Mind just went so blank!

Ps well done to you too

I know, very exciting!! I was 50/50, so came out with no idea really. I did walk away thinking “I wish I’d said this and that” though haha. We obviously did well enough :)

Congratulations. I'm waiting to here when my DmI is. Can I ask when you did your computer assessment and mmi?
Congratulations to you too! I did mine on 23rd September :)

Leemini

I know, very exciting!! I was 50/50, so came out with no idea really. I did walk away thinking “I wish I’d said this and that” though haha. We obviously did well enough :)

Didn't do mine till the begining of October so hope to hear something soon about the DMI.

Welsh lady

Didn't do mine till the begining of October so hope to hear something soon about the DMI.
I did mine 2nd October hopefully hear something soon on when these will be

Aww I guess everyone feels like that! Feel with this forum though I'll hopefully feel a bit more positive for the next one

MOB91

Hi all. Is anyone still waiting to hear the result of their application for Cardiff? The last contact I’ve had was from 25th September saying my application is still under review. I applied in July. Thanks.

Welsh lady

Hi all. Is anyone still waiting to hear the result of their application for Cardiff? The last contact I’ve had was from 25th September saying my application is still under review. I applied in July. Thanks.
Hey! Have you chased up since?