• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales - Trainee Train Drivers

Leemini

Thank you! Hopefully she comes back to you today! I've had to have further analysis for my drugs test. Apparently cocodamol is under the same category as heroin! So they've gotta check that's all it is.. passed everything else though.
That's crazy. I'm sure it will all be fine after the analysis. Was there much to it? Did Laura say what your next steps are or is it back into the pool?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Welsh lady

That's crazy. I'm sure it will all be fine after the analysis. Was there much to it? Did Laura say what your next steps are or is it back into the pool?
I haven't heard anything back from her at this stage. Just another waiting game now. It was pretty basic standards drugs tests. Hearing test and eye test then some general health questions x

Last edited:

Mrt83

I haven't heard anything back from her at this stage. Just another waiting game now. It was pretty basic standards drugs tests. Hearing test and eye test then some general health questions x
Hope the results are all good for you. Did they say how long results take and how you find out?

BarberGirl

Well done to everyone who’s got into the talent pool. I’m still waiting on Laura to get back to me with a computer assessment date. Been waiting for before Christmas

Welsh lady

Hope the results are all good for you. Did they say how long results take and how you find out?
Thank you! They should be I was mortified when he said I had a non negative! They said about 2/3 days so hopefully will have something back by tomorrow. They'll send the report to me as well as TFW so we'll both know at the same time. Still not sure what will happen next though as not heard anything else since.

Mrt83

Thank you! They should be I was mortified when he said I had a non negative! They said about 2/3 days so hopefully will have something back by tomorrow. They'll send the report to me as well as TFW so we'll both know at the same time. Still not sure what will happen next though as not heard anything else since.
Good to know you get the result as well. Just more waiting, did have an email saying there would be an update in a few weeks but who knows. The post from wobman suggest a slow down in training

All in cab training may be suspended soon, the online elements may continue. The announcement will be on Friday with TFW, so training may slow down again as a result unfortunately
Thats unfortunate. Will that likely affect all training and start dates, or just those currently in cab?

Robprice

Does acorn get back to everyone who has applied? I sent my cv off a while back, and had the email from acorn to confirm receipt and that they would be in touch soon, but have had nothing since and no reply to follow up emails.
Any help would be appreciated

Welsh lady

Good to know you get the result as well. Just more waiting, did have an email saying there would be an update in a few weeks but who knows. The post from wobman suggest a slow down in training

Thats unfortunate. Will that likely affect all training and start dates, or just those currently in cab?
I hope I hear something soon! It's frying me!! Will keep you posted on any updates, hope you get something soon!

All in cab training may be suspended soon, the online elements may continue. The announcement will be on Friday with TFW, so training may slow down again as a result unfortunately
I thought they had been assessed and taken all the precautions so in cab training could continue? Will be gutting if they do have to suspend.. fingers crossed that's not the case.

Peter finn

Hi all, had an email today from laura asking me to go down to Cardiff to do the 1st stage, anyone got any information please as to what to expect from the paper test and computer tests please. Thank you

Welsh lady

Hi all, had an email today from laura asking me to go down to Cardiff to do the 1st stage, anyone got any information please as to what to expect from the paper test and computer tests please. Thank you
Hello! First off good luck! If you have a scroll through this entire thread you'll find an answer to pretty much every question you might have. Might take a while but it's definitely worth a read.

Peter finn

Hello! First off good luck! If you have a scroll through this entire thread you'll find an answer to pretty much every question you might have. Might take a while but it's definitely worth a read.
Thanks for the reply...yee iv tried going through some pages but couldnt find anything so think im gonna have to go through all the pages some very helpful things though on what iv read quickly

Mrt83

I hope I hear something soon! It's frying me!! Will keep you posted on any updates, hope you get something soon!

I thought they had been assessed and taken all the precautions so in cab training could continue? Will be gutting if they do have to suspend.. fingers crossed that's not the case.
Me too lol, just want to know a date for peace of mind at least. Thanks, same to you also:)

Welsh lady

Thanks for the reply...yee iv tried going through some pages but couldnt find anything so think im gonna have to go through all the pages some very helpful things though on what iv read quickly
Best advice I can give is do not go in tired! It can be a lot and tired means easily distracted! Plenty of sleep the night before to wake up refreshed!

It's just a few hours. You'll get practice material emailed to you.

I found the practice stuff harder then the actual tests on the day but as said before don't go in tired.

Good luck.

Birtles8

Have you had any news yet, I had medical on the 6th Jan they gave me a start date few days later.

Welsh lady

Have you had any news yet, I had medical on the 6th Jan they gave me a start date few days later.
Not yet... Still waiting for my medical results at the mo shouldn't be an issue but feels like the longest wait of my life..