• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales - Trainee Train Drivers

Sidney Robin

Apologies if these questions have been answered elsewhere! ...
I have received the link from Acorn to complete the application form. Before I click on the link could anyone help with the queries below:
1. Out of the 16 questions on the form, roughly how many are free text answers?
2. Are you able to read through all the questions first and then start typing?
3. Are you able to copy and paste from a word document?
4. What is the character/word limit on free text answers?
Thank you and good luck to all in the process.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LimaLlama

Apologies if these questions have been answered elsewhere! ...
I have received the link from Acorn to complete the application form. Before I click on the link could anyone help with the queries below:
1. Out of the 16 questions on the form, roughly how many are free text answers?
2. Are you able to read through all the questions first and then start typing?
3. Are you able to copy and paste from a word document?
4. What is the character/word limit on free text answers?
Thank you and good luck to all in the process.

1. From memory I think roughly 4/5 expect a few paragraphs for the questions.
2. Yeh, you can go back and forth. No time limit.
3. Yeah, you can. But just be sure to check the formatting when you do.
4. Some are max 200, some are 300-500. You are explained this on each question.

Saxon79

Last email I had was 14th August but heard nothing since. Applied for Chester and Llandudno Junction. Anyone else been waiting a while since last update?

Jordon Davies

Last email I had was 14th August but heard nothing since. Applied for Chester and Llandudno Junction. Anyone else been waiting a while since last update?

Same here, (applied for Carmarthen / Cardiff). Very disheartening when you hear others progressing, however good luck to them all!. Don't lose hope and keep them fingers crossed lol.

Think this is my first ever post on this website (I think) and would just like to thank everyone who inputs their spare time and dedication to give others insight and knowledge of the railway industry (It helped me become a signaller for Network Rail). Keep up the good work :)

Hi all, first time posting here. Does seem odd the way some people are progressing, I did my 2nd part of my assessment on Wednesday and some of the people had applied in March/April time where as I applied at the end of July.

As above though, thanks to everyone who has shared help and information on here.

Jordon Davies

Well done so what sort of background do you come from

So hopefully I’ll hear back soon then I done mine the 29th I’m starting to wonder if I got bad news coming my way

I too applied on the 29th July Bazzale. If I had to guess, then it seems they have only sifted through early applications?, Anyone had any application updates who applied any date after 29th July?
Thanks.

Hi all, first time posting here. Does seem odd the way some people are progressing, I did my 2nd part of my assessment on Wednesday and some of the people had applied in March/April time where as I applied at the end of July.

As above though, thanks to everyone who has shared help and information on here.

First of all congratulations dude! If you don't mind me asking, what date did you submit your initial application and location please?

Thanks and best of luck! Revise hard! lol

Thank you, I've passed the 1st assessment and the computer stage of the 2nd assessment. Just waiting on the result of my MMI now which seemed to go well so hopefully hear good news next week.

Good luck to you as well, hope you hear something soon.

L401CJF

Established Member
They certainly are, I've just had one for Chester. I'd forgotten about the vacancy to be honest!

Jordon Davies

Yep, had the rejection e-mail today! I'm still curious if anybody has got to the next stage who initially applied after 29th July. Good luck to all :)

Yabba

Got my rejection email today. I find it strange considering I passed all my assessments with TPex in Feb to throw me out at this stage. Oh well. Good luck to everyone else.

Anon87

Got my rejection email today. I find it strange considering I passed all my assessments with TPex in Feb to throw me out at this stage. Oh well. Good luck to everyone else.
This makes me wonder if they’ve either:

a) decided to pull the whole thing
b) reduced the amount of positions with priority to internal applicants

Wouldn’t be surprised in the current climate.

Plodster

Which depots are you guys that have had rejection e mails in for?

sorry to hear your news guys.

Yabba

This makes me wonder if they’ve either:

a) decided to pull the whole thing
b) reduced the amount of positions with priority to internal applicants

Wouldn’t be surprised in the current climate.

Or they had a lot of qualified drivers applying. Can't see that though given the advert they put out.

Which depots are you guys that have had rejection e mails in for?

sorry to hear your news guys.
Crewe for me

MA8141

I know of someone who’s been rejected, someone’s who’s waiting to hear and another who’s passed the lot and awaiting a medical so I assume it’s all still in the process but as usual, it’s just the lucky few that pass the sift.

Jilly70

I only applied on Saturday and I thought I put in a good application but had the rejection letter today. After saying it would be a 6 to 8 week wait I was quite surprised to get the email today. Thought it was me but looks like they’ve been sifting through today

LisaJenx79

Yes I’ve also had rejection email for Cardiff. Applied 18th August and thought I did good application. Took me a week to perfect! Just wish they would be more specific about what criteria they look for so that busy working mum’s like myself don’t waste hours of their lives which they will never get back!!

MA8141

Yes I’ve also had rejection email for Cardiff. Applied 18th August and thought I did good application. Took me a week to perfect! Just wish they would be more specific about what criteria they look for so that busy working mum’s like myself don’t waste hours of their lives which they will never get back!!
Given their specific target towards more women, a lot of women have been turned down at the first hurdle ! Next time will be a lot easier as you now know what to fill in etc, keep at it.

Jilly70

Yes spent hours on Saturday and was quite positive after pressing submit. Gutted but never mind