• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transport for Wales - Trainee Train Drivers

Simotrfc

TFW have 2 training centres Chester is for the North and mid Wales training and Cardiff for the south / valleys training. So any Chester problems only effect the north, this issue is specific to just Chester depot.

The original plan many months ago was a 8 drivers course just for Chester, this changed due to the Chester backlog. All TFW depots require more drivers so moving the training plan can easily be done. The backlog may be easing soon as the recent trainee drivers with DIs are starting their pass out phase, this will free up DIs to take trainees from sitting at home and get them in the drivers seat.
Sounds a bit more promising. I’ll happy wait for a place at Chester depot to become available will maybe enquire early next year. Thanks for the help

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

I had my medical last Thursday at Chester then got the email with the start date today.

I did message Laura a couple of weeks ago asking if there was any update of a course as I had less then a year left on my psychometric tests then got an email about a last minute medical.

Sparky9909

I had my medical last Thursday at Chester then got the email with the start date today.

I did message Laura a couple of weeks ago asking if there was any update of a course as I had less then a year left on my psychometric tests then got an email about a last minute medical.
Ah thats great news for you at least it didnt run out. Good luck with your training and career

Burt807

I've been trying trust me, but not getting anything back. I'll try again f I haven't heard by week's end.

BR98

Had a phone call today offering me a course that starts on the 3rd of January for Cardiff, anyone else?