• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

transport in NL New Years eve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

traintimemf

I'm looking into going to a party in den Bosch on New Years eve and trying to decide which flight to get - I seem to remember someone on here saying trains etc shut down early on NYE

was just looking for some clarity on what time I can expect the trains to run until from schiphol to den Bosch

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MisterT

Usually, all public transportation shuts down from 8pm onwards.
This means that trains already running will continue to their terminal station, so trains will not stop exactly at 8pm.
After 1am, the regular night trains will start running again.

Quakkerillo

After midnight, also various night buses will run again.
The reason for this is officially so that all staff can celebrate New Year's, but many think it is also partially safety - the Dutch fireworks culture is sometimes quite... something, and it's not unknown for people to throw/shoot fireworks at things.

The last train is potentially the 19:18 Schiphol - 20:22 's-Hertogenbosch, but it might just be useful to make sure you arrive well before that.

traintimemf

After midnight, also various night buses will run again.
The reason for this is officially so that all staff can celebrate New Year's, but many think it is also partially safety - the Dutch fireworks culture is sometimes quite... something, and it's not unknown for people to throw/shoot fireworks at things.

The last train is potentially the 19:18 Schiphol - 20:22 's-Hertogenbosch, but it might just be useful to make sure you arrive well before that.

perfect, I'll pick up the early afternoon flight to be safe, also is New Years day business as usual?

also not surprised about the fireworks - every time I am there, there is always a party and there are always tons of fireworks hahaha

Spoorslag '70

New Yeras day (01.01.) is one of the very few days of the year, where most things (incl. shops, museums etc.) are closed (the other is Christmas day). However, trains do operate - to a sunday timetable.

Quakkerillo

New Year's Day is a Monday, but trains will run to the weekend timetable (as it's a holiday) as normal. Same goes for buses/trams/metros/ferries. Patronage might be a bit higher than normal with people returning from parties elsewhere (with sleeping luggage possibly), but timetable-wise it's as normal.
Also, I read somewhere that the only transport running on New Year's Eve (after 8pm) would be the free ferry from Amsterdam Central to Amsterdam North (Buikslotermeerwegveer).

Groningen

Established Member
On December 31, 2016 VIRM 8741 and VIRM 8645 were the last trains to arrive from 20.24 Utrecht Centraal to Eindhoven. Arrival in Den Bosch was at 20.52.

On January 1, 2017 the first train starting from Den Bosch was around 7.30.

Status
Not open for further replies.