• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travel De Courcey

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitanMike

Travel de Courcey have entered administration this morning.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mwanesh

I feel sorry for the staff. I used to chat with them on the 420.Sad day for the business

overthewater

Established Member
One would hope stagecoach might pick up 585 while nat express might pick up the 60,

Gareth1980

One would hope stagecoach might pick up 585 while nat express might pick up the 60,

Stagecoach already have most of the 60 and 703

Stagecoach for the 585 seems most likely, although wouldn’t rule out NX Cov on the grounds they have the 539 and 580 already?

Alex 2901

60 & 703 are Stagecoach (they were announced as passing to them last week, effective today)

585 is still unclear, though TFWM & Warwickshire CC are working on a replacement (though I'd expect Stagecoach to pick that up, as they already have the Sunday service)

X6 is Arriva, starting tomorrow (between Coventry & Leicester... not Nuneaton as TFWM have claimed.)

Anthony ross

From tomorrow the 585 will be run by national express Coventry as ive just seen on there Facebook page

Mwanesh

Does anyone know the position re national express contracts?
National Express are doing most of the runs inhouse. Double manning from Stansted and London. With Kings Ferry and Clarkes nearby they can do most of the runs. I can see a few more contractors going bust.

They had the 420 and 777 and a few others

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
National Express are doing most of the runs inhouse. Double manning from Stansted and London. With Kings Ferry and Clarkes nearby they can do most of the runs. I can see a few more contractors going bust.

They had the 420 and 777 and a few others

Another poster on this forum had mentioned it confidentially that things weren't good at TdC and that contingency plans were being drawn up by NatEx and the local authorities.

overthewater

Established Member
Is that how Nat Exp has ended up with 585. Also I never realised how much of a bus war there is between them and Stagecoach on the Bedworth routes.

cnjb8

Established Member
Another poster on this forum had mentioned it confidentially that things weren't good at TdC and that contingency plans were being drawn up by NatEx and the local authorities.
I think they are drafting in coaches from Start Hill/Gatwick/Luton to operate them. West Midlands Bus Photos has some pics of Levantes based at those depots operating around the West Mids.

M60lad

They did have a duty or more than one duty on 212 from what I can gather than used to overnight in Manchester (well near me in Chadderton, Oldham to be exact) which used to then go on to do a 540 from Manchester the following morning.

winston270twm

Established Member
Do they have any ?

They had 29 coaches employed on NX work pre Covid, however, TDC's finances haven't been good for a while with very little assets left, as all have been re-financed inc new depot I understand. It was only a matter of time.

Mwanesh

I can see all the work from Birmingham being taken inhouse. I have never understood the need to contract it out when they have depots in the Midlands. I cant see Rotala wanting the work again.

winston270twm

Established Member
I can see all the work from Birmingham being taken inhouse. I have never understood the need to contract it out when they have depots in the Midlands. I cant see Rotala wanting the work again.

NXWM don't currently have any depots with coach toilet drops, I understand DeCourcey's Miller St, Birmingham coach depot is actually owned by NX & only leased to DeCourcey, but not 100% sure. That has a coach toilet drop.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member

Because there's a difference between group subsidiaries NXWM and NX, and that running buses around Brum is a bit different from operating express coaches.

Whilst leasing is more prevalent, the view was that they didn't want to tie up money on owning/operating coaches which is why NX have contractors.

NXWM don't currently have any depots with coach toilet drops, I understand DeCourcey's Miller St, Birmingham coach depot is actually owned by NX & only leased to DeCourcey, but not 100% sure. That has a coach toilet drop.

I think you're right as it's a hangover from the London Liner days?

winston270twm

Established Member
Walsall has toilet drop facilities. The coach unit is based there.

No it doesn't, coaches are taken elsewhere to drop toilets (not sure where)

I think you're right as it's a hangover from the London Liner days?

The original Central Coachways / London Liner depot in Miller St which did have a toilet drop at one point, has been used to house NXWM's reserve fleet / trim shop & driver training for sometime.

The DeCourcey Miller St coach depot is next-door & purpose built.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
The original Central Coachways / London Liner depot in Miller St which did have a toilet drop at one point, has been used to house NXWM's reserve fleet / trim shop & driver training for sometime.

The DeCourcey Miller St coach depot is next-door & purpose built.
Ah right. Wondered if they'd moved the fence line and built a new bit.

Some Central signage persists IIRC after how many years!

Robertj21a

On Moderation
They had 29 coaches employed on NX work pre Covid, however, TDC's finances haven't been good for a while with very little assets left, as all have been re-financed inc new depot I understand. It was only a matter of time.

Yes, they had a number of NX routes pre-Covid but did they operate on any NX routes more recently ?

winston270twm

Established Member
Ah right. Wondered if they'd moved the fence line and built a new bit.

Some Central signage persists IIRC after how many years!

I understand NXWM taking over the Birmingham based NX diagrams & DeCourcey's Miller St coach depot has been on the cards for a long time, with even suggestions of the entire former Central Coachways (Miller St) depot being absorbed in to it to form a much larger coach depot. DeCourcey Miller St depot has limited parking capacity but was purpose built for coaching activities.

I guess it's more likely to happen now than ever.

Yes, there's still Central Coachways signage on Miller St depot buildings.

Yes, they had a number of NX routes pre-Covid but did they operate on any NX routes more recently ?

No, DeCourcey have not re-joined the NX coach network since it started back up, a number of their Levante 2 coaches are parked up at NXWM Wolverhampton depot out of use & have been all during lockdown.

wallan

Stagecoach already have most of the 60 and 703

Stagecoach for the 585 seems most likely, although wouldn’t rule out NX Cov on the grounds they have the 539 and 580 already?

Unless they accept NX Cov Day Rider Tickets , £4 All Day , on the 60 & 703 as before no one will use them

Andy Pacer

Established Member
For info Arriva is honouring Nookie tickets until 5th September. It has it's own range of route specific day and week tickets available.

Status
Not open for further replies.