• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travel distance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louby

On looking at the applications most TOC state a max travel distance to the depot of 60 mins, on reading some posts on here i can see peeps apply regardless of that, do they check? I live in Burnley and thought i was limited to Trans pennine, Northern and Virgin (please let me know if i have missed any)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Clip

Established Member
People will apply for any jobs like that especially drivers jobs. Though I can understand why adverts say 60 mins - you have to think about your fatigue when getting to work and any further then that I reckon you would be pretty knacked whether travelling by car bus or plane!

TDK

Established Member
People will apply for any jobs like that especially drivers jobs. Though I can understand why adverts say 60 mins - you have to think about your fatigue when getting to work and any further then that I reckon you would be pretty knacked whether travelling by car bus or plane!

If you are equal to another candidate and further away the other candidate will get the job and of course they check

EM2

Established Member
There's nothing to stop you applying if you're further away, but mention that you're willing to relocate.
I applied for my job in North London when living in the middle of Ireland!

W230

Established Member
Likewise, i've applied for a job in London and live oop north.

Benbow

I've applied for Trainee Driver on SWT even though I currently live in the East Midlands. I'm willing to relocate and made it very clear on my application that I was!

It hasn't put them off so far. I'm waiting to hear the result of my structured interview ;)

Their system doesn't allow for people like me who are not too bothered about which depot they want to work at. They insisted I nominate just one which is a shame because it might narrow my chances.

Louby

wish id known sooner as i would have applied for more with northern! ill have to wait till next recruitment now as failed the DSI (god knows how!!) but still have an open app with blackpool?? im expecting an instant fail to be honest as the results last 6 months

Beveridges

Established Member
I've heard of some not considering anyone >30 mins away!! Due to Fatigue and commuting makes a massive difference

Status
Not open for further replies.