• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travel Facilities (Non-Safeguarded TPE Staff)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern1

Hi, I have been successful in joining TPE as a member of the station staff in Yorkshire (Current work for Northern),

I currently receive TOC 75% National Priv Card & Free Unlimited Travel on Northern / merseyrail and the recipicol agreement travel on Grand Central.

I know I will of course continue to receive my TOC Priv Card, but what travel entitlement will I receive from TPE? I have heard a will get unlimited free travel on TPE and also receive a First Group "Box" card to use for travel on other First Group train operators? is this true.

Cheers in Advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

andydcm

Yes, you should get a First Group box card, works roughly the same as safeguarded boxes for First franchises; also able to buy return tickets / day rovers for travel on First franchises for friends and family at a cost of £5 per day per franchise, there is also something similar for weekly bus travel but never used that. At FGW we also get a card for weekend first class travel on 5 occasions a year [including a partner with pass] however they may be a one year qualifing period for several of these additional perks.

Established Member
Don't quote me on this but I think TPE and Northern services between York and Manchester are valid on each other's passes. This may have changed.

driver9000

Established Member
Don't quote me on this but I think TPE and Northern services between York and Manchester are valid on each other's passes. This may have changed.

There is a reciprocal agreement for residential travel (commuting) between TPE and Northern. A residential pass is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.