• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travel from Paris to Eurodisney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

Got three days in Paris, booked my FIP fares on Eurostar, and thanks to the SKY TV offer we have 2 free tickets to Eurodisney.

Our hotel is based near Paris Du Nord station, has anyone have any tips of how to connect to Eurodisney.

Is there a regular service and roughly how much it costs?

I've seen a 3 day Paris travel card advertised, don't know if that would be the best value,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Oscar

Fares Advisor
Take RER (suburban train) line B or D to Châtelet Les Halles, then line A to Marne la Vallée Chessy. Avoid the trains to Boissy St. Léger which are also line A and leave from the same platform. The RER trains run every few minutes within the city and on the Marne la Vallée line. There are 5 zones for the Paris suburban area. I agree that you should consider a Paris Visite 3 day pass which costs 43€80 but a Mobilis day ticket for zones 1-5 for 14€80 for your visit to Euro Disney and then either a Mobilis day ticket for zones 1-2 for 6€40 or a carnet of single tickets for travel within zone 1 (12€70 for a carnet of 10 tickets; one ticket costs 1€70) might be better value.

pemma

Veteran Member
Avoid the trains to Boissy St. Léger which are also line A and leave from the same platform.

When that happens there is usually an announcement (in French) at the last station before the lines split reminding passengers of the final destination.

JGR

When that happens there is usually an announcement (in French) at the last station before the lines split reminding passengers of the final destination.
At most RER platforms there is a board listing all the stations en route.
The stops that the next train goes to are illuminated.
Some RER trains will stop short of the termini, or miss out some intermediate stations.

W-on-Sea

Established Member
Not sure about the *current* situation, but in the (fairly recent) past I have found the Paris-Visite tickets to be aimed exclusively at (foreign) tourists and somewhat of a rip-off, compared to similar tickets advertised to regular users of public transport in and around Paris...

So, yes, Oscar's proposal is probably the one I would go for, too, unless there are any special offers thrown in with the Paris-Visite ticket that might make it worthwhile.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
If I remember rightly, the Visite gets the holder discounts on entry to a number of museums, galleries and so on.

W-on-Sea

Established Member
If I remember rightly, the Visite gets the holder discounts on entry to a number of museums, galleries and so on.

Yes, that's right.
Details of the discountshere
http://www.ratp.fr/en/ratp/c_22265/advantages/

The other option (formerly known as Carte Orange) seems to now be called "Passe Navigo Decouverte",which is now a smartcard system.
http://parisbytrain.com/carte-orange-navigo-decouverte-prices/

You have to pay 5 euros for the card itself, and a weekly ticket (valid only Monday to Sunday) for all zones (which would cover travel out to Disneyland) is another 33.40 euros (although one for Paris itself,zones 1 and 2, is another 18.85 euros) AND you have to supply a passport-sized photo.

Probably more hassle than its worth, and less good value for money than it used to be too. I'm still inclined to favour Oscar's suggestions, overall.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
I seem to recall that the problem with the cheaper Carte Orange is that it can only be used from a Sunday to a Saturday ( or is it a Monday to a Sunday? ), whereas the Visite can be used for whatever single day or consecutive 3 / 5 days you like.

stut

Established Member
From the Gare du Nord, it can be quicker to take RER E from the attached Magenta station (dir Tournan) and change at Val de Fontenay (dir MLV Chessy). Used to do this journey regularly to/from Noisy, and it shaved off a few minutes, and avoided the very crowded sections.

CC 72100

Established Member

Gare du Nord has also got very clear displays too in my view. The screens show destination and how long to wait on the left, with a list of stops on the right. As for announcements on trains, in my experience the last couple of days on the metro and RER, they are pretty minimal! Just a simple 'Station X' instead of the 'and change here for... , train terminates at...'

Status
Not open for further replies.