• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Travel in own country on interrails

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Hi all,

In June I'm doing my first Interrail, the plan for the first day (Monday) being to get the 10:58 Eurostar from St Pancras. This gives me most of the morning to get to London so I was wondering if I'd be allowed to travel to St Pancras using the following routing: Leamington Spa-Birmingham-Leicester-St Pancras, arriving at 10:03. This eliminates the need to pay for tube or walk between Marylebone/Paddington and allows me to travel on the line between Leicester and London (which I rarely get to take). Can someone advice on if this is valid (and if 55 minutes between arriving on EMT at St Pan and departing on Eurostar is enough time).

Cheers,
FQ.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
On the former, it should be allowed as you're allowed an 'out' and a 'back' journey in your own country. My advice would be to get a booking office to print you an itinerary showing it as a single journey. As to the connection, 55 minutes is cutting it a little closer than I would but it's valid and 9 days out of 10 you'd make it.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Excellent, thanks. I'll keep an eye on how stuff is running on the day and go from there (I can always go direct if need be).

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
I seem to remember Interrail's website specifically saying that such journeys would count as two days' travel and separate journeys for the purpose of the Interrail pass. It's much easier to pick another European country whose nationality you also have, and send it to a relative there... enables unrestricted UK travel! (Ok, I appreciate very few people will have that luxury!)

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Thanks for drawing that to my attention. I'll just go direct and have a nice walk through Regent's Park in the morning then.

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Thanks for the suggestion but I'd prefer the loco hauled stock (with a 68) than a pendolino into Euston.

Status
Not open for further replies.